56 Pounds Gone!

Options
I noticed in late February that I couldn't do anything without being out of breath, and was tired all the time. Stepped on a scale, and weighed 326 - I am 5'8" and 45 years old. I graduated high school at 180, and then it took off after the military and college, but I always stayed around 250. March 1st, I bought a treadmill and made a vow that it was coming off. I set goals along the way....300, 275, 250, 225, and finally 200. I hit the 300 and 275, and am on my way to the 250 goal, with a goal weight, for now, of 200 lbs. Hit the treadmill at 10 minutes a day, 3 days a week and for a couple weeks, it bout killed me. Now, I do about an hour a day, daily. I started counting calories June 1st on another site, and made my way to MFP on July 1st. In that time, I have only gone over calories twice, once by 38 and the other by 70.Sunday is my normal weekly weigh in day, but yesterday, I was 270, although I didn't log it on here. I will wait for Sunday to keep in line with what I have been doing. I have dropped 9 inches from what used to be my waist, 4 inches from my chest and two from my neck. And I am pretty much wearing all new clothes. I have been taking pics along the way, and it is nice to see the change.

Early June 2012:
61212.jpg

July 1st, 2012:
7112l.jpg

And finally, Aug 7th, 2012:
8712p.jpg

Replies

• cadon23
    cadon23 Posts: 1
    Options
    Amazing! Keep it up!, the difference is already very noticeable!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weightloss!!
  • Cappicorn
    Cappicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Nice change! Your dedication is very motivating, thank you for sharing!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and keep up the great work!!
  • Pixie_star1234
    Pixie_star1234 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    such a great job!! the difference is amazing, no more double chin :)
  • obaker
    obaker Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far. You're an inspiration to the rest of us :)
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    well done mate, keep at it
  • EyeFit15
    EyeFit15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Keep it going......your doing great and remember the body is an incredible machine capable of doing more.....so each month add more minutes to your routine and add some weight/strength training to your exercises....CONGRATS 56 pounds gone and YES you can reach your goal weight!!!
  • lynda155
    lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    love my treadmill!!! Keep up the fantastic work my friend!!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile: :happy:
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Keep up the good positive thinking and you are going to make it!! Congrats! :happy:
  • SwtMelissa86
    Options
    Awesome Job! Be very proud...it's hard work!
  • MomTo5Wow
    Options
    Great job ! You can see the differance in your face right off ! ! !

Thanks for sharing your story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!