Wii Tracking

sincereme
sincereme Posts: 276
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all.

I was wondering how do I track my Wii workouts? I have Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2009.

Thanks for all your help!

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I manually enter it as a new exercise.
  • sincereme
    How would I know the calories burned?
  • Chenoachem

Heart Rate monitor is the only sure source. If you don't have that just put it under general "Calisthenics, home" as an estimate.
  • sincereme

Heart Rate monitor is the only sure source. If you don't have that just put it under general "Calisthenics, home" as an estimate.

Thanks for your help!!!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    for the Wii JM game, you really need a HRM to accurately measure your calories burned. The same is true for Wii BL. I log my Wii workouts under cardio as aerobics, and then just punch in the minutes and hope it's close :)

I also do this with Wii Fit Plus, but I watch the calories logged in, instead of the minutes. The minutes are off a bit from eachother.
  • is the wii helping you all alot? i really want to invest in a wii fitness game.. but i dont want one that won't give me the challenge needed to lose the weight. ...
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    I can't wait to get my hrm. the bl game i think is way way off on the cals it says you burned. It said i burned 45 but i know i did more than that.

The wii fit and ea active seem a little more accurate on cals burned but i guess i won't know for sure until i get my hrm.
  • sincereme
    for the Wii JM game, you really need a HRM to accurately measure your calories burned. The same is true for Wii BL. I log my Wii workouts under cardio as aerobics, and then just punch in the minutes and hope it's close :)

I also do this with Wii Fit Plus, but I watch the calories logged in, instead of the minutes. The minutes are off a bit from eachother.

Thanks so much. im looking into getting the Wii fit plus and EA Sports Active: More Workouts.
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    is the wii helping you all alot? i really want to invest in a wii fitness game.. but i dont want one that won't give me the challenge needed to lose the weight. ...

Girl get the Wii Active. That's what I have.
  • Chenoachem
    The wii fit and ea active seem a little more accurate on cals burned but i guess i won't know for sure until i get my hrm.

I think that is because it asks you/ knows your weight. It then can estimate how many calories you burn better.
  • lildebbie
    Biggest looser knows how much you way it just calculates it wayyyy off, and it will calculate the # of cals you need to loose weight and is wayyy high.
  • is the wii helping you all alot? i really want to invest in a wii fitness game.. but i dont want one that won't give me the challenge needed to lose the weight. ...

Girl get the Wii Active. That's what I have.

yeah i'm gonna have to. I need something. I have ddr but my weak floors scream DON"T DO IT!!
  • DrBorkBork
    My HRM arrived a week early today. I got a Polar F7. It's very nice.

So here's the deal: Today was my first workout with it. WF+ said a burned 366 cals. My new HRM said I burned 577. HUGE difference! Definitely invest in a good HRM. This makes me eager to try it out with my BL game. One should not be as sweaty & panting at the end of a BL workout as you can be at the end of a WF workout and only burn 100 cals. I mean REALLY. The HRM is going to make a very big difference.
  • lildebbie
    That is good to know...I can't wait to get mine. I think in am getting a f6 (waiting on some Christmas money from the in laws won't get till next weekend.)

I mean come on i know i burned more than 50 in 20 minutes, not saying i burned hundeads and hundreads but at least over 100 ...

I thought the wii fit was calculating better than TBL , i did my workouts and between 150-300 cals. Can't wait to try out a hrm and know i am burning more.
  • DrBorkBork
    I would recommend the F7. It's more user friendly than the F6, and just about the same price if you go on amazon.com

That was a big deciding factor for me. The F7 has a feature where the user can change the batteries. The F6 needs to be sent back to the manufacturer on your dime (about $50), every time you need it serviced. Plus, the F7 has a girlie design on the faceplate! *cheesy grin*
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    I ordered mine today from amazon. I can't wait for it to get here! I ordered the Timex T5H881. It should be here on the 24th. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.