New start, hope the last.

Options
Cywin
Cywin Posts: 4 Member
Hi there,

My name is Line, I’m 25 and I’m a French girl living in Paris.

I’ve always been fat, not much when I was at school because I practiced a lot of sport (Volleyball, swimming, badminton…) but since I quit school I’ve stopped every sport activity, so I gain a lot of weight. When I was a child I was very ashamed of me, other children were kidding about me, and I grow up with a very bas idea of myself, this didn’t change a lot since and I haven’t confidence in myself right now, but it’s changing. \o/

I started MFP since 5th august and note every food is helping me a lot, but my weakness is my impatience, I’m afraid to give up because I don’t see any change on my body. I’ve already started diet but each time I give up, I don’t know why.
May be I love too much bad food and when I start to eat them, I can’t stop, and every day I say myself “this is the last time, tomorrow I’ll restart diet”. But I don’t do it and I regain the weight I lose before.
But I’m enough with this, I’ve decided to be determinated and strong, I want to be confident and no more ashamed of myself, I want to find me.
My boyfriend is overweight too, so I prepare lunch food for both of us, he’s on diet too even if didn’t know. :p

I’m sorry if my English isn’t fluent, I try to improve it. Feel free to add me or message me.

Have a good day. :)

Replies

• klinkow
    klinkow Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hello i have always been big too even threw school i never played many sports. when i was younger i was shy because of my weight. im not so shy any more and losing some helps. mfp is a great site for all the help you can get. if you stick with it and just do your best you will see a change and the first time you can say no to the junk food is vary impowering. good luck with your goals. friend sent
  • Cywin
    Options
    Yes, this site help me a lot, adding my food help me to have conscience of what I have already eaten.
    Thank you for your message, friend add. :)
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    Hey there!
    I do the exact same thing about "restarting" my diet the next day! It becomes so frustrating! Well, if you ever want t o talk I'm here (I just started as well) and I wish you the best of luck! (:
  • abeachlady
    Options
    Don't think of it as a diet. Think of it as a lifestyle change. Diets have a start and and end. A lifestyle change is forever. Good luck. You can do it.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Welcome Line!

This site helps keep me motivated and maybe it will help you too! I am going to send you a friend request!!
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have always been big too and really feel addicted to good food. You can really only make good strides when you are ready. That is what I have found for me. I would start and do well for 2 days, bad for 1, good 3, bad 2. I never got anywhere. I finally was the biggest I had been a little over 3 weeks ago at 6'2 and 344.8 lb. I made my mind up to change and did that, losing 14 lb in the last 3 weeks. It has not been easy the whole time but gets easier every day. I am making lifestyle changes (not dieting) so that the things I am doing become my new, healthier habits. I will have 1 meal that is higher calories each week to not feel deprived and I am doing 45 min to an hour of cardio 5-6 days a week. Again, I realize that slow and steady will win this race and give me a better chance to engrain these new ways into my new normal. Also realize that if you slip for 1 meal, get over it and move on. Don't beat yourself up and don't kill the whole day because of it. That used to be my worst habit. Best of luch in your journey and feel free to add me for support!
  • JellyRollGone
    Options
    :Hello everybody... i am sure hoping by joining fitness pal, i can pull this weight loss goal off. I have tried so many other darn things to lose weight but of course always fell. I think my problem was, wrapping my head around the idea, you can put weight on fast but! it takes 3 times as long to get it off. That would really bring me down and i would think whats the use in trying. I am always going to stay fat. I would start back in to the junk food craze and gorge myself on breads and noodles and all the bad crap that almost led me into having a stroke. I use to be pretty slim at 5'10 and 155 pds. But then I got sick, had to have a hysterectomy and it was afterwards i started eating a little more and more and well! i got up to 273 pds. and they claim over the yrs. i shrunk to 5'8. I think they are goofy so i say 5'9. But it was time to see my doctor. Actually, he is a new doctor. He ran test and let me know, i was eating myself into a early death. Everything was high and off kilter and i was in trouble. He is the first doctor who seemed to really care and is working with me to get me back to good health. My sister told me about this fitness pals and thought with added support from others who are in the same boat as i am, I would be more apt. to stay with it and care more about myself and also be in a group where we can all help support each other. I thought what the heck... i have nothing to lose but my weight while at the same time making new friends. I also want to set a good example for my children (who are all grown) and my grandsons and of course i need to keep my hubby of 26 yrs. interested too. lol! I started seeing my doctor in early June. at just about 273 and i am right now down to 254.2.on my scale, but my daughters health scale says 251.4 so i guess i really won't know until i get my weigh in at the docs. 15 more days. And as far as my blood work, he sent me in for some more recently and everything is starting to fall back in place..relief..So i am happy to say, great meeting all of you, and i am looking forward to all of us getting back in shape and good health.( I may have to change my username. It is jelly roll but losing my weight..i am losing that too. lol! So just call me Jo for now, My true Nick name. Lets keep in touch.
  • Cywin
    Options
    Thanks to all of us for your messages.

Jo : congrats !!! you've lost a lot of weight in few weeks !

packman : you're right, and I know this but sometimes it's like I don't control my brain anymore. I have to fix this. Thx for your suuport.

BrieLB : Thx for your request, ^^

blinkiii : thx, I'll send you a request. :)