Becoming Sober

Options

Replies

• Kmachado9
    Kmachado9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am not a recovering alcoholic. I am the daughter of an alcoholic who died from the disease. I just want to tell you what you are doing is amazing. I know you are doing this for yourself, but please understand how awesome this is for your family and friends. Loosing someone to this disease was the most painful thing I have ever had to endure. Watching my father destroy himself almost destroyed me, his only daughter. I love to hear success stories. Congratulations! You are an amazing person who deserves a healthy and happy life. Keep moving forward. I am sure unless you are a recovering alcoholic a person can't understand what an accomplishment 75 days is, but I know its huge. Thank you for loving yourself and loving your family, and realizing how important you are to everyone who knows and loves you.
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hello and congratulations! Great job!

Alcohol was never my thing, but I had a three-year long stimulant habit. I've been sober for eight months! I no longer take medications, or even smoke cigarettes as of two weeks ago.

I mostly credit my recovery to healthy eating, consistent sleep, and exercise. Sometimes I miss my former partying life, but mostly I am just glad that I escaped from the serious harm that befalls most addicts. The healthier I become, the better mood and energy level I have, the less tempted I am to ever go back.
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Wishing you continued success!
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I joined the Staying Sober group.
  • HealthyNFit4Life
    HealthyNFit4Life Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all of those who are recovering!!!!!!
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! Congratulations to everyone in recovery. Great decision.
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    Congratulations! I recently lost a close family member to alcoholism, and unfortunately, it runs on both sides of my family. It is SO wonderful to see anyone that's brave enough to decide to make that change.

I'm praying for your continued success-I know you're going to meet every goal you set for yourself!
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am a daughter of an alcoholic (he has been sober going on 32 years!) and good luck with all of your journeys.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    5 years, 6 months & 5 days, but who's counting?
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    5 years, 6 months & 5 days, but who's counting?
    5 years is awesome.
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    Congrats to you. By the grace of my higher power I have had a new life since 10-21-03. When I knew I needed help getting sober, I finally asked for help. When I wanted to stop smoking, I asked for help. When I knew that I needed to loose some weigh to be a healthier and happier me, I asked for help. That help led me to MFP.

I'm glad your here and would welcome any of y'all as a friend.:smile:
  • jbyesh
    jbyesh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. My husband is a binge drinker, sober for 19 months. I know its tough, & its awesome that u r doing this.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I'm really not sure what came over me last night...but I went out and drank

75 days sober done...

Day 1, and going back to meetings tonight..
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

75 days sober done...

No worries dude. Just get back to it.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I've been sober since Apr. of this year. Congrats to you. To be honest I really don't miss it much.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options

75 days sober done...

It's okay. You can get back on track. I have faith in you! Stay strong.
  • emkohler77
    emkohler77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Almost 3 years sober! So glad you're here, I have a little one as well. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I'm not an addict either, but I'm proud of you! :)
  • luvhootie
    Options
    I was sober 2.5 years. Had a terrible break up and faltered a tiny bit. but im back to sobriety and loving it!
  • emkohler77
    emkohler77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Today is a really awesome day to not drink. You can do this.