Any brides wanting to lose weight before the big day?

Options
I'm getting married next summer and would love to lose weight before my wedding! I have a lot of weight to lose but I know if I work hard at it I will be able to do it!

Are there any other brides out there who want to lose weight before the big day? Let's motivate one another!!!

Replies

• PRlove
    PRlove Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So am I really the only girl on this website who wants to lose weight before my wedding?
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Not at all - fellow bride-to-be checking in!
    You can do it!
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ooo me too!! My wedding isn't until July 2014 (because I have to take the bar exam next summer and couldn't handle that and a wedding at the same time), but I want to get to my goal size by next summer to start dress shopping :)
  • Aedrah
    Options
    Ooo me too!! My wedding isn't until July 2014 (because I have to take the bar exam next summer and couldn't handle that and a wedding at the same time), but I want to get to my goal size by next summer to start dress shopping :)

Oh my goodness, couldn't even imagine bar exam and wedding at same time!!
  • cindergirl73
    Options
    I am not getting married myself, but am a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding the first week of Oct. I would like to lose 15 pounds by then....as I gained about 10 recently. 3 of those are gone already.
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Gotta get him to ask me first ..... hehehe
  • aemoomoo
    aemoomoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i'm getting married in March and trying to drop 20 lbs!! It's not easy, that's for sure!
  • picorigirl
    Options
    I'm trying to lose some weight before my wedding in January.
  • CallMeWifey
    CallMeWifey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in May. Luckily, I am getting the ball rolling early. It helps that I'm going on a cruise in 3 weeks, so I want to be in shape for that. Also, my company is promoting health and fitness so we are doing a competition. I'm looking for that prize money!! I've got about 15-20 pounds left to my goal weight. I've already lost 15. Good luck!!
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on October 6, 2012. Trying to lose a few inches in my waist so I can be comfortable in my dress. :)
  • purplepenguins7
    purplepenguins7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi brides! I'm new here, and this is my first post!! I got married on 6/16. We actually eloped on 2/25 (our parents knew) but no one else did! So we decided to have a small family wedding with our pastor and about 75 people on 6/16.

I've been working on losing weight and getting healthy since about Jan. I started shopping for dresses in Nov. or Dec., and they were size 24. I ended up buying a 20! The dress was perfect and I didn't need a single alteration. I'm 5'8" so it wasn't too long. I wear about an 18 now in regular clothes, up from a 24 at my heaviest. I was most excited to have conquered most of my double chin in time for wedding photos!

It has been a lot of hard work but my husband supports me 100%. He is actually athletic...talk about awkward! At first I felt embarrassed dating someone in shape, but he is my best cheerleader. He encourages me to get in shape for health reasons. We don't have any kids yet, and I'd like to lose some more weight before getting pregnant. Diabetes runs in my family, so that's my main motivation for shaping up! Good luck to all the beautiful brides working towards their goals and dreams :)
  • ericachristie85
    ericachristie85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Me Too, I got engaged last year for my wedding next year. So I have been working at this for a year with great results. I'm at my goal weight now and maintaining will be the hard part. Add me if you want. Please have an open diary.
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in November. I am not really trying to lose weight for the wedding, because my dress looks fantastic as is, and covers all the right areas. However, I AM trying to lose weight for the honeymoon ;)
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in November. I am not really trying to lose weight for the wedding, because my dress looks fantastic as is, and covers all the right areas. However, I AM trying to lose weight for the honeymoon ;)

Haha, me too! I'm getting married in June 2013 and my dress already fits, but it'd be great to lose a little of the flab around my butt and thighs for when we're laying on the beach in Italy on the honeymoon!

Plus those wedding photos last a life time, so I'd love to be my absolute best self that day so I can always refer back to the photos for inspiration if I put on a few pounds later :)
  • rileycallahan2009
    rileycallahan2009 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im getting married!!! August 24 2013 I wanna be fit for all the pictures and look amazing. Plus gotta look good for the honeymoon going on a cruise :) Cant wait!
  • Aedrah
    Options
    Gotta get him to ask me first ..... hehehe

It'll come in time. Mine took almost 12 years to ask... lol
    He was saving up for a ring (which is funny, because I chose a cheap one.)
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Getting married in December 2013. I have right at 100lbs to lose now, i'm 11lbs down 3 weeks in.

Add me if you want.
  • PRlove
    PRlove Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello all and thanks for responding!
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    Another Bride-to-be here! We're getting married on 10 August 2013 and I have around 85lbs to lose - not sure I can manage that much until then, but I am sure trying!

I've added you, seeing as we're in the same boat :-)
  • hungergames201213
    Options
    me.