It's sabotage!

Options
Yes. Self-inflicted.

I haven't done it...but boy oh boy am I thinking about it. Here's the thing; I work my butt off (quite literally) and am working to re-lose 16lbs I regained from my 100lb loss a few years ago, I lose a little and then think "oh well it's ok to slack a little...have some cookies..."

Not. Okay.

I've lost 2lbs this week, am feeling good...but man oh man it's hard not to take 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

What do you do to refrain from sabotaging yourself?

Replies

• imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

tape the cookies to your behind...then take a good long hard look, is it worth it?.....no:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    For me is not cutting out my favorite foods. I eat anything I want in moderation so therefore it's easier because I didn't give up my favorite snacks. I'm not the healthiest eater since I don't like veggies very much and I love snacks so this works for me
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Just watch out for the Cookie Monster if they stay taped to your butt....:bigsmile:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it, I Know you planned it
    I'ma set it straight, this watergate
    I can't stand rockin, when I'm in this place
    Because I feel disgrace because you're all in my face
    But make no mistakes and switch up my channel
    I'm Buddy Rich when I fly off the handle
    What could It be, It's all a mirage
    You're scheming on a thing that's.....\m/

sabotage.jpg
  • cheerio99654
    Options
    I have been there and boy are you lucky to relaize you are doing it to yourself!!! your not living in denial now you can get mad and do something about it. Otherwise before you know it you will be wearing two sizes bigger. SO just realize keeping off the weight is going to be way harder than just losing because your not seeing the motivation in the numbers going down. Dig deep and get a journal. Write down all your reasons you started losing in the first place place a fat pic on the cover. THen anytime you feel unmotivated pick it up get in touch with that girl you once were embrace her and live for your new skinny self. Do not forget how hard it was for you to get to where you are now,. Love Life and be glad you got this figured out before you undid everything!!! God bless you on your journey!
  • Solosesso
    Solosesso Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yes. Self-inflicted.

I haven't done it...but boy oh boy am I thinking about it. Here's the thing; I work my butt off (quite literally) and am working to re-lose 16lbs I regained from my 100lb loss a few years ago, I lose a little and then think "oh well it's ok to slack a little...have some cookies..."

Not. Okay.

I've lost 2lbs this week, am feeling good...but man oh man it's hard not to take 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

Oh boy I know your feelings! I sabotaged myself a lot on my journey and even if I don't want to, I'll probably redo it someday. If it's not already done, try doing a before/after photo montage to remember who you were and who you are now. Also when you know you're going to sabotage, try to remember the guilty feelings you have after indulging in treats. Compare that feeling with the one you have when you're able to say no and to keep on track. If the envy is overwhelming, put your shoes on and go run to flee from those damn cookies! =P
  • ipiddock
    ipiddock Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Will-power will prevail.
  • Solosesso
    Solosesso Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Oh and stop buying cookies! If you don't have them in your pantry, you won't eat them and you will be force to indulge in something else (for me it's frozen grapes or cottage cheese)
  • emilymnyc
    Options
    I'm putting a plastic sheet on the couch so I can sit around with cookies on my thighs :tongue:

It's true...I've come crazy crazy far from the girl who would eat cookie dough at 10am and be fine with it. I'm stronger and deserve better than that.

And thanks to the dude who posted the lyrics, too!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Will-power will prevail.

This and the thought of having to lose those same lbs over and over again. I'm not into repeat action
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    My GF is my saving grace. We no longer purchase unhealthy snacks. Occasionally we will get sent home with leftover desserts from family functions (can't say no to grandma). So I don't allow myself to eat them unless my GF initiates it. She's really good at moderating. Amazed at her ability to say "I'm not hungry, so I don't want it". And if she's not having any, then I don't have any either. But if you don't have a 'live-in' to help you moderate, then my best advice is just don't have it on hand. The more effort you have to make to get it, the less likely you will have it. Good luck to you. Sounds like you are on the right track, though. :happy:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I'm putting a plastic sheet on the couch so I can sit around with cookies on my thighs :tongue:

It's true...I've come crazy crazy far from the girl who would eat cookie dough at 10am and be fine with it. I'm stronger and deserve better than that.

And thanks to the dude who posted the lyrics, too!

You're welcome....that should be the only sabotage you should ever have to worry about.....mwahzz! \m/