My husband is the best!

Options
I would put my hubby up for "Spouse of the Year" if I could...if it existed.

When I met my husband, I was 5'9 135 lbs and working out daily. New job, new relationship = weight rollercoaster. When he proposed, I was 202 lbs. My highest weight.

Here's why my husband is the best!

-He loves me unconditionally, regardless of my weight. (He's smoking hot, and I'm sure ppl wonder why he's with me)
-He cares deeply for my health. (Encourged me to quit smoking even though he KNEW I'd probably gain more weight)
-He supports me so much as a silent partner in my new lifestyle attempt. He still gets to eat cookies, brownies, and more, but he does it behind my back.
-He's complimented me every day on my committment to nutrition and exercise. But doesn't harp on me when I do eat french fries. He knows I'll manage everything in the long run.
-Even through we are on a tight budget, he's been supportive as my healthy food racks up our grocery bill by 40%. He says "It's a good investment"
-He takes me on walks, scouts out new hikes when he's running, and texts me when I'm running with motivational words
-He's doing the 30 day shred with me because I'm embarrased to do it by myself in our living room when he's around.
-He wants children desparately, but due to health concerns and my weight gain, I've postponed it until things are stable. He's been very understanding.
-He's become my biggest motiviation. I want to do this for myself first, and him second.

Who motivates you and how?

Replies

• csorenson22
    csorenson22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Being around as long as possible for my kids. My dad died at 72-- when I was 40-- it was a much larger loss than I expected-- I was sad he didn't see my children grow more, and I missed his perpetual willingness to be a sounding board during an age when I would actually listen to him. If I can-- I want to see my kids kids grow, and also want to be thier sounding board as long as possible.

Sounds like great motivation to me! You'll be Super Grandpa! I'm lucky to have had all my grandparents throughout my childhood, and still do have 4 grandparents (I'm 30). It's likely my future children will not have their grandparents in their lives due to poor health already in their early golden years. My husband I were just talking about what a culture swing that will be. Good for you, that's great that you've made it a priority.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Aww, your hubby sounds like a good guy.

Honestly, nobody motivates me but myself.. Well, not in real life anyway. I guess the biggest motivator for me was looking at other people's success stories on YouTube and on here, and seeing how many normal people just like me did it... It's not something only a few people can do because they're lucky. Anyone can do it, you just need to be commited. That's what I had to figure out for myself. Nobody in my "real life" is supportive of my weight loss really except for me and I'm the only one who keeps pushing myself to lose weight everyday. When I feel like giving up, I just think of how BADLY I want this and I'm not stopping until I get what I want.
  • Byemma
    Byemma Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm my own greatest motivation. I want to be healthy and fit. Other than that, my parents and sister motivate me too, even though they don't know. They're all bigger than me and I don't want to be like that. And also my friends and classmates, because unfortunately I still wonder what other people think of me.

Oh, and all of you motivate me a lot too!
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    Kudos to your husband! I know a lot of guys that could learn a lot of lessons from him.
  • csorenson22
    Options
    Kudos to your husband! I know a lot of guys that could learn a lot of lessons from him.

Thanks so much! I know I'm the luckiest wife in the world. I do think our guy friends learn from him. He's known in our group to be the classicly nice guy!
  • mulcahya
    mulcahya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Your husband sounds great :)

I motivate myself because I want to feel better about myself and feel better in clothes.

BUT.

A few days ago, my boyfriend sent me this lovely message telling me how proud he is of me of watching my diet and exercise and for trying a healthier lifestyle approach and that I'm going so well at it. He loves me just the way I am and has always maintained that I'm thin (even when deep down I know otherwise) and gorgeous. I put on between 7 and 10kg since we first started dating a few years ago (I think, not sure of the exact figures) and have lost 5.6kg so far! I just want to feel as good about myself as I did when we started going out, because even though I know he loves me the way he is, he is so good looking and I just want to match that.

It's amazing having such great support :)
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Your husband sounds great!

My boyfriend has also started a weight loss journey (and has lost double what I have in less time... grrr) so we motivate each other. We only buy healthy food, go out to places that have healthy options, try to be more active together, and give each other tips. We tell each other when we notice a NSV or see the other person getting more muscle tone. He's amazing :)
  • csorenson22
    Options
    That's so great! We are lucky ladies!