pasta calories, confusing

Options
At the back of pata it says 90g ( uncooked) pasta contains ............
90g unccoked pasta makes .......g of cooked pasta.

so im confused what i write for calories lol. what would you consider a 1 person serving? do i use the dry calculations?

Replies

• carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I weigh my pasta dry. Easier to know exactly what you're getting that way. I generally do 2 ounces (56 grams) for one serving.

It's a small amount, usually around 200 calories depending on the pasta, and I bulk up the meal w/lots of veggies.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Yes, weigh it dry. 2 oz is one serving.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You should weight it dry. If you've already cooked it, measure out one level cup for one serving.
  • susi819
    susi819 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When I cook pasta, I cook the whole package and then divide the servings equally so I know exactly how many calories on each portion and provides for several meals. It is easier for me than to cook single servings at a time. Now, if you want to be exact, then measure it dry. :)
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Dry weight measure. Why? Because pasta absorbs water when it cooks. Some will cook it Al Dente and some will cook the guts out of it.
  • jmhurley87
    Options
    Thanks everyone. when it comes to dinner my daughter shares it ( she is 2) so today ill measure 90g and cook it and then ill give my daughter some, this means i always end up with less but always write down the whole lot...