New exercise routine needed

Options
I have been walking as my primary exercise for the past year. But about 6 months in, I started to see little to no weight loss, even with watching what I ate. I was wondering what exercises you all could recommend for me. I belong to a Planet Fitness and they have exercise bikes, Arc trainers and ellipticals. I do the bike sometimes, but again, no results from that.

Replies

• Dani342
    Dani342 Posts: 9
    Options
    i go to zumba once a week which is good fun and pilates once a week to, you feel your body toning after class one of pilates!
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity 2-4 times a week as of mid July. Prior to that, I did Zumba DVDs 5 days a week and lost 1 lb a week (April to the end of May), then during the month of June, I did the 30 Day Shred.

I lost a total of 8 lbs in 2 months doing Zumba, and once I started the 30 Day Shred and Insanity, the scale has not moved much, but I've lost 17 inches total.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I don't love the machines, but when I have to use them I prefer the arc trainer. I tend to use the hill interval program, but sometimes I also just play around with the incline and resistance. It's a great workout, and easy on the joints. This was my "go to" workout during several injuries in which running was not an option.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    as your doing lots of walking why not try adding some running
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I belong to a gym as well, but I have found that my body becomes use to the same old routines. I was doing Zumba three times a week and while it's a blast to do, I just got too used to it. Last week I went to Wal-Mart and purchased Ripped in 30 by Jillien Michaels for $10. I'm going to finish that up and then do the couch to 5K. I think our weight loss hits a plateau and sometimes we need something new to push it over the edge.
  • foreversunshine1
    foreversunshine1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have recently gotten back into a regular routine of working out and I am a fan of zumba, pump or any group class. It gets me out of my comfort zone, is always a great workout because I decide the effort I want to put in and it gets me around a group of people who are after similar goals. I have recently decided to change it up a bit by adding in 2 workouts a week of 30 minutes on the elliptical followed by 20 minutes of circuit training with weights.

Give the group classes a try, you might like it!