Hello peeps! I need friends! I'm nice, really.

Options
I turn 45 tomorrow, yikes! I have 30 pounds to lose. After a one hour commute each way to and from work, I'm usually too exhausted to exercise. Every day is a struggle to be good. Anyone agree?

Replies

• israelichick
    Options
    I agree with you on the exercise wow happy early birthday!!!! I also work all the time as a waitress so when i get home i never want to work out and I also have trouble working out in the morning cause i don't want to tire myself out before work. But you got to do it exercise is the only way to succeed in weight loss :) going to the gym today actually after a long break you should go too or just work out at home :D good luck
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Especially about the exercise! I'm 47 and a half and very out of practice at exercising! Add me if you'd like!
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Happy early birthday! You are welcome to add me. :smile:
  • oldlady3
    Options
    Hello,
    I just joined myself and am looking for friends too. :) I'm 44 and I'm a care giver. I find by the end of the day I'm exhausted and want to cook something quick for dinner for my family and relax. I have a hard time exercising but I do walk my dog in the evenings although I don't feel like it but after I'm glad i did. I look forward to talking with you more.
    Happy Birthday!!!!!!! Hugs,
    Heidi Lee
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    is there any way to add exercise into your commute
    i.e. stopping on route to walk around a park. parking 2 miles away and cycling to your car though i understand this is probably not be practical as it could leave you stranded.

i find if it's a long day there is no way i will leave the house once i am home so i have to do it en-route or as part of my commute
    ( cycle to work and if i have an exercise class i go straight from work.)

hope it's a fab day tomorrow!
  • Mjorwig
    Mjorwig Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello! Happy Birthday! I am 50 years old and it was much easier to lose weight in my 20's and 30's but little by little i'm doing it. I have lost 20 pounds so far. I work full time and exercise is always a challenge. I have started walking on my lunch break at work. If I exercise at home I have to walk as soon as I get in the front door, if don't then I will be too busy with dinner, kids, mail, etc and I will never do it. The only thing that works for me is 20- 25 minutes every day. I figure if it take that long to throw in a load of laundry, start dinner, change cloths, use the rest room then I can take 20 minutes out of my day and do some form of exercise like walking. MFP has been a tremendous help because now I know what I'm eating and I can make better choices. I hope you find what works for you. :)
  • shoomai1227
    shoomai1227 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request!!! I only have one and on this site...one is a lonely #!!!

Please accept me or I'll take it personally!! LOL!!!
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    Anyone who'd call someone a PEEP is a friend of mine! :-) That's what I call my BFF's! LOL! Add me, and HAPPY BDAY! :smokin:
  • 57silverfox
    57silverfox Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    hi sara good luck and congrats
  • mrsdutra07
    Options
    I, too, commute an hour and a half each way and when I arrive home in the evenings, there's a 19 month old little boy who wants to turn the house upside down just so I can clean it up. I need to make it a priority to take care of me first, so i am thinking of starting the Couch to 5k program and getting up a little earlier than my son to make that happen. I start tomorrow, so we'll see how it works out!
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Happy early birthday. I am 43 and you can add me if you want. Can you exercise in the morning? If I waited until after work I would never exercise. The only time I do evening exercise is when my daughter and I go to Zumba. I also take the stairs at work or take the long way back to my office to get out of my chair through out the day.
  • shoomai1227
    shoomai1227 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I'd have it in me to work out on a regular basis and after a long day at work too. It helps tremendously that I have a workout buddy. It was suggested that I try this site as well. Since joining this site...I've been more mindful of my caloric intake by recording what I've been eating and my exercise efforts. Day by day.....
  • Amymp72
    Amymp72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday early! I just turned 40 so I believe that 40 is the new 30! You get em girl. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'll be here for you, I just joined this week and don't have a lot of friends yet.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I will soon be 52 and am finding losing weight a real battle, although I do exercise on a regular basis.
    Feel free to add me - love new peeps. :happy:
  • luckyinlove2
    luckyinlove2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good birthday morning! Is it a possibility that you can walk at lunch time? Even inside if it's too hot or cold outside. I work for a school system, so in the summer, it's easy to get in the exercise, but now that school's getting ready to start--will be a struggle for me too. I always have tried to do what I need to do before I go home, because once I get there, I'm ready to rest, not exercise! Since I live on a river, and the water is down right now, I think the beach will call me to walk on it! At least, until winter time.
  • Annie_Fannie
    Options
    Happy almost Birthday! Please free to add me for support! I am in the same boat with that hour commute to work each way. Seems to not leave much free time does it? Especially with three children! I have been forcing a 5am workout at home and sometimes will squeeze in a quick one after work. I figure the more I keep up with the early AM schedule, I will get accustomed. It's also nice and quiet and my name is not MOM during that time! ha ha!
  • sofakingawesome69
    Options
    Park further away and walk the last mile or 2?? walk at lunch time. I do a couple 15 minute walks throughout my day here just to keep me exercising and keep my *kitten* from getting sore sitting down. Typically at home I don't feel much like exercising, but my wife has been going with me lately in the evenings. You just have to find the times and make it happen..
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! I'm 54 and have a lot more to lose than 30 pounds. Glad you joined MFP as I know it will help you and people here are so supportive... we're are here for the same reason... to get healthy! Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • labrmom
    labrmom Posts: 2
    Options
    Happy B-day & you're so not alone. I'm in the same boat. I'm 47, have long commutes into the city for work then feel tired at night. I work in 2 20 min walks per day during the week then hit the gym hard on the weekends. I just need to watch more what I eat & log every day ! Sheesh. It's a battle & a struggle but it is what it is. I'm happy with everything else in my life, I just need to conquer this ! :happy:
  • shara99
    shara99 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm the same way; once I get the exercise done, I'm glad I did it. It's dragging myself out to do it that's hard!