INSANITY-yo!

Options
OMG I decided I am starting this on Monday.. it is going to be awesome!

BUT ..

Has anyone actually lasted the 60days?

I am scared.. but excited!

Replies

• Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    It IS going to be awesome you can count on it.
    I have done Insanity three times all the way through, twice back to back prepping myself for The Asylum which I have completed twice now also and still to date is my favorite home workout ever! You think Insanity is "OMG"? Wait until Asylum. Be scared and be excited cause its a no joke workout. Its not that the exercises themselves are hard to do its just the length of time you do them at full capacity with little break in between. Insanity is the best workout I've ever done including the ones I had tailor made for me at a high price by a personal trainer who insisted he could work me and kick my a**. Shaun T is no joke and he does not mess around. Insanity trained my mind in way I never though possible. It did more than get me in good physical shape, it worked me into an amazing mental state. Taught me discipline and focus, and that was what I needed, was to kick my minds own a** into gear.
    You push yourself to your max with Insanity and Shaun T test you and yeah he pisses you off in the beginning, but the way you feel mentally each and every time after you're done is totally worth it! The guy is a machine and has such great rhythm and flow. I don't know how he does it. I've seen the best of the best do his workouts and still not as smooth as he does. I love that guy and cannot wait for The Asylum Vol2 this fall.
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks! I am very excited! it looks mental! but he definitely gets you going! and it looks like EVERYONE is having fun and getting a proper workout.... I am glad that I have found someone thats really stuck to it and enjoyed it! :)
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I kid you not, Insanity changed my life. The only workout I've ever done is kick boxing. I did that for 11 years. And I am not talking about Billy Blanks and Tae Bo either lol and I considered myself to be in good shape all these years. Yeah I was wrong, totally wrong haha. I started Insanity at a normal weight, I am a vegetarian and don't drink or smoke and consider myself to be very healthy and always thought I had good stamina and cardio strength from all the boxing and jump roping but Shaun T proved me wrong big time! That guy has been called more foul names than anyone else I know lol.
    I think the reason I keep going back to Insanity is because of the mental aspect of it and what it does to my mind. He pushes you and gets inside of your head and just makes you so much stronger mentally. He's serious and you can tell he means business and that keeps me motivated knowing that he's for real and not just some joker out there selling a workout plan to make money like many others out there today are.

If you do Insanity, you have to do The Asylum eventually. I cant even put into words how amazing that program is. Like I said, the exercises themselves are not hard to do so you should be just fine doing that, its just the amount of time you workout and with little breaks in between. And if you feel like you need a break, take one, modify exercises if you cant do them. Don't kill yourself and don't look at it as a failure either cause it's not. We all need a break once in a while. And after you start doing this workout for a while you will totally be able to tell when Shaun needs a break too, when he stops what he's doing to walk around the gym lol. He acts like he's out there showing you what someone is doing or talking about their form, but you know in your head you're like , "Dudes totally spun and needs a break" lol. The guy is flawless and so amazing the way he moves and works out but even he tires out and I like that. It just seems more real to me.
    Good luck to you and I wish you all the best and hope that you get everything you're looking for with that program :)
  • AvaCopper11
    Options
    I'm starting insanity Monday too! I'm extremly scared. I did Zumba last year and lost 20lbs in 10weeks. So I'm hoping to have better results with insanity.
  • MommyPurl
    MommyPurl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've just ordered Insanity as the kids go back to school next week and I need something a bit more challenging to do! Seeing all the raves about this... I'm hoping for great results, but at the same time I'm quite nervous! Good luck to everyone starting out! :)
  • GetFitWilliams
    GetFitWilliams Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am current on day 28 of Insanity, i have struggled with it, but I can definitely say that it is all worth it. Good luck to you all!!!!
  • brandy2076
    brandy2076 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 6 and I can not wait to be done with today's workout so I can have my off day tomorrow! I will say that I am pretty overweight and it is super hard. However, its all about pushing yourself and doing everything the best you can. I swear that after the first couple days I thought I was going to be sick but it is amazing how far you can push your body. I am sore all the time, but its all good and I am actually enjoying it. You can do it - commit and PUSH THROUGH.

FYI, every time I hear him say that I want to punch him in the face :)
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I've done the 60-days twice (last summer and this summer) and I lasted through both rounds of it; I just finished 10 days ago and started Asylum a week ago. It's doable! :) Good luck!
  • sdcohen85
    sdcohen85 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just started insanity today. I am excited but nervous :) did the fit test today :)