anyone had a knee replacement

In my 20's and 30's I was an avid jogger. At 36 I had to have my knee replaced. Its been 12 years and my leg is doing awesome. I would really love to jog again. Anyone out there had their knee replaced and jog on it?

Replies

• I didn't have a knee replacement, but I had an ankle replacement. I don't think you're supposed to jog with an artificial joint - aren't you supposed to stick to low impact? For me, anyway, that is the rule.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Husband and I are going today to his consultation to have his knee replaced. He already asked his doc if he will be able to jog/run on it. The answer was no. Also, they predicted for us that the replaced knee would last about a decade before needing to be replaced again. If you're 16 years on this knee, maybe it's time to get it checked out?
  • Lucky, good luck to your husband.....my surgery was a breeze, it was the therapy that was a killer.
    I have babied mine for the last 12 years, doing exactly what my dr said to. I have wanted to push it just a little because it is still in mint condition. Guess I wont. Im determined to get at least 20 years out of it.
  • Knee2010
    Knee2010 Posts: 10
    Had my right knee replaced in Feb 2010 and my ortho said no running. However I am training to walk a 1/2 marathon in Nov and he said I could do this one so I can take it off my bucket list, but not to do another one. I am 50 and my doc said he would like to have to replace my replacement only once.