Successful toning/weight loss after C-section?

Options

Replies

• Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration. 2 c sections and then 2 more surgeries 1 and 1/2 months apart cut in the same incision as the c-sections. I am still in the 200's but have noted that my pouch is shrinking and have hopes after reading this!!
  • Mslajackson
    Mslajackson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this thread....this gives me hope!!!:drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    This actually gives me hope. I have no desire to wear a bikini ever, but it sure would be nice to wear cute underwear at least without the "melting snowman" look of my midsection (2 c-sections, including twins who stretched me out beyond what I thought possible).

You guys look AWESOME. I am hoping to work up to more intense workouts once I get some weight off and work up my stamina.

:laugh: I love the melting snowman analogy. That is what I have. :laugh:
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I guess there is hope..I have had 5 of them..so ya..I'm screwed ;)
  • emcraw78
    Options
    For those of you not into Insanity (the very idea makes me shudder), my Zumba instructor had two c-sections. She lost over 80 lbs. and looks ripped just by doing Zumba. It's a fun way to work out, give it a try! I haven't had a c-section, but MFP has finally helped me lose most of the weight from kid #3 and Zumba has put some serious muscle in there. My stomach still has a ways to go. Good luck to everyone!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    It's nice to know. I had a c section 7 months ago. I can't stand my stomach lol.
  • BethlovesRene
    BethlovesRene Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have had 3, and I have a pretty droopy belly. :( And its not even a ton of fat, its just floppy, loose skin that literally folds over on itself (sorry, TMI). Unfortunately, I think its because I was overweight when I got pregnant, and then gained 50ish pounds, topping out at 216 with pregnancy #2. I would love to know if anyone who was heavier during pregnancy lost weight after, and then had success with flattening their tummy over time?

I'm 5'1 and I was a whopping 205 lbs with my second pregnancy.

You look FANTASTIC!! such an inspiration! did you do it all with insanity, or include any weight lifting?
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have had 3, and I have a pretty droopy belly. :( And its not even a ton of fat, its just floppy, loose skin that literally folds over on itself (sorry, TMI). Unfortunately, I think its because I was overweight when I got pregnant, and then gained 50ish pounds, topping out at 216 with pregnancy #2. I would love to know if anyone who was heavier during pregnancy lost weight after, and then had success with flattening their tummy over time?

I believe under your situation that it would not reduce. If it is wrinkled skin then it will not tighten up.
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    OnMyWay4 you look great. I had massive fibroid tumor and had to have all the good stuff removed. My scare is hip bone to hip bone. You give me hope. Thanks for the post.

Margaret
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    OnMyWay4 - take it from us looking at you pic, you are awesome...
    Margaret
  • thinlizzy525
    Options
    Holy cow now they are some great results! I had 3 c-sections (last one 10 years ago). I believe i am going to invest in Insanity to gain my sanity back lol
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections. The photo below is 7 months post the 2nd c-section. LOTS of diet, cardio, and weights. YOU NEED ALL THREE! Situps won't do it!

12543920_9539.jpg

Okay had to throw my new daughter & son in there... they are just too cute not to!

12543920_1359.jpg12543920_6668.jpg
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections. The photo below is 7 months post the 2nd c-section. LOTS of diet, cardio, and weights. YOU NEED ALL THREE! Situps won't do it!

12543920_9539.jpg

Okay had to throw my new daughter & son in there... they are just too cute not to!

I think I'm going to try the P90X/Insanity hybrid next because I want to start weights! You look amazing...and your kids are just too cute!!
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    And thanks to everyone for your kind words.

hkussatz: Do you have your before and afters from completing...I'd love to see what I'm in for! Congrats on your pregnancy too ( :
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I think it matters too what type of cut you go and if they damage to the stomach muscles.
  • alexis831
    Options

12543920_9539.jpg

I think I'm going to try the P90X/Insanity hybrid next because I want to start weights! You look amazing...and your kids are just too cute!!

Thanks!!! You too! Yes the weights are nice with p90x but I wasn't seeing much because I needed the cardio too. So I am doing the Insanity now (just switched on Monday).... then maybe a hybrid later like you. Really I got this way on the bodyforlife plan. Easy and free, lots of fitness 101 for a good foundation. Cardio 3x a week, weights 3x a week, and a large deficit... no calories eaten back though like MFP. You get your limit and you eat at it. You have a much larger deficit then MFP however, you take Sundays off so it evens it out a little and jumps your body out of that plateau you might get yourself in. For me it works great and I am still using the plan just have to set it up different for MFP. Think I will do a couple weight workouts with Insanity just to keep the weights in there…. Thinking I might need them in addition to the video.
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    Yeah I actually had someone mention to me yesterday that I don't eat my calories back after I workout. I didn't know that was an option actually. I thought you were given a limit for a reason so that's all I ate and worked out with no intentions of eating more.
  • diben
    diben Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    OnMYWay4 --- Wow, very impressive results.

I'm struggling with the same thing but I have diastasis recti so I really can't do any ab work. I'll have to look into the Insanity workout.
  • alexis831
    Options
    Yeah I actually had someone mention to me yesterday that I don't eat my calories back after I workout. I didn't know that was an option actually. I thought you were given a limit for a reason so that's all I ate and worked out with no intentions of eating more.

HAH! Well I usually never eat them back... maybe every once in a great while I might do some...so you are doing fine! Wonder how much everyone would be down if THEY didn't??? Seems to me that the best bodies are the ones that don't. Well most of the time that is what I have seen anyway.
  • rgustin
    rgustin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Guess it's time for me to get my Insanity program back!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!