Dr. Oz...IT'S A TRAP!

Options

Replies

• tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    He pushes far too many pills and supplements. I do enjoy the food ideas and thats where I learned about Lisa Lillien:heart: . I just think that if all those pills; teas and powders worked, none of us would be fat. He is one of those "grain of salt" things.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    BUT HE TAUGHT US ALL ABOUT THE S-SHAPED POOOOOOO!!!!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Another reason why Oprah should be burned at the stake

I feel the same way about Dr Phil. Another monstrosity. As someone working in the field he gives out such ridiculous info and markets everything. He didn't even bother to renew his license. Despise him.
  • SerenityGelsinger
    SerenityGelsinger Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree that he needs to quit talking about all these "miracle" supplements and push healthy eating and exercise. He knows his stuff in lots of other areas but I think it's another case of doing what it takes to get ratings. People don't want to hear that you have to eat better, eat less, and exercise. They want to hear there is a quick fix.
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    drozquack.png

Totally! LOL

This definitely says it all! I canNOT stand this man.
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Another reason why Oprah should be burned at the stake

Dang, now were know why your name is AngryGuy. lol

I can see how people can get sucked in but I thought he offered good enough information. I watched the episode on how to find energy throughout the day & it was a good. But I stopped watching the show because I thought I had everything he talked about!! Oh No, my poop doesn't come out in a C form, I'm dying....LMBO!!! You have to have a take this, not that mentality when watching him!
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    tumblr_l31tkkEZer1qzc176o1_500.jpg

actually, i was thinking more like this:

its_a_trap.jpg
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i know, my grandma buys womans world and first magazines, every second week its dr oz with some new frickkin weigh loss miracle. STFU Dr OZ.
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I avoid that show at all costs.

same here
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I like Dr. Oz.
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    sadly is this the one that had the "gastric bypass is the answer"??... i almost broke my tv as the title... "the best surgery that not recommended enough" came across the screen. Then he convinced them that surgery was the way to go. I am not a fan of Dr. Oz. Not at all.
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    love it
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever looked up his bio? Yes, he's a medical doctor, but he's a cardio surgeon. What in the world makes a guy who is trained to cut open your heart qualified to talk about nutrition and weight loss? I'd trust a trained nutritionist or a metabolic expert over a heart surgeon any day.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    tumblr_l31tkkEZer1qzc176o1_500.jpg

actually, i was thinking more like this:

its_a_trap.jpg

Beat me to it!!!
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil or The Doctors! They are all in cahoots and giving out horrible advice to anyone that will listen. Not only is their weight loss advice not sound, their other stuff is terrible too! As someone working to be a midwife, I can't handle The Doctors telling women that natural childbirth is stupid and that water births and home births are stupid, dirty and reckless. After hearing them push so much false info across the board, I have no respect for any of them!
  • kimmae17
    kimmae17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    its sad, i used to like dr oz when he was on oprah occasionally. now that he has his own show its like hes just running with any possible theory on health/weight loss/wellness. I suppose its pretty impossible to have a daily show on actual evidence based studies, becuase he would run out of stuff after a while. like eat less, work out. how many shows can you do on that? haha
  • bubbie520334
    Options
    sadly is this the one that had the "gastric bypass is the answer"??... i almost broke my tv as the title... "the best surgery that not recommended enough" came across the screen. Then he convinced them that surgery was the way to go. I am not a fan of Dr. Oz. Not at all.

Really?!?!?!? I have a lot of weight to lose but if I can't do it by eating healthy and exercising, why in the world would I get my STOMACH permanitely altered and have to eat healthy anyway afterwards. I am happy for those who have it done and are pleased and it works for them but I'm socked that Mr. supplement man, healthy lifestyle, blah blah blah would recommend it!!! Wow.
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    I never thought about him that way, I liked one health magazine that I bought and he was giving some good tips in it. I don't think he is all that bad. I read a lot of Artichels, magazines and books about good food vs bad and they are all contradicted, for example I made a reaserch about soy and found out that the soy in the USA is not the good kind that is used in Aisa and it's really bad for you. Some people think it's super good and all, and I think with Dr. Oz's tips and suggestions it's the same thing. I just take what I think is good and ignor the rest.
    I gotta agree with this. The guy is not as bad as you all make him out to be. He has some good info, some not. I give myselff enough credit to sort it out. I dont take 100% off anybodys advice.
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    yep... http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/gastric-surgery-you-should-be-getting he was mad when a woman stood up and said "i got this, lost 100 pounds but gained it back" he then told her he felt bad it didn't work for her and quickly moved on

Really?!?!?!? I have a lot of weight to lose but if I can't do it by eating healthy and exercising, why in the world would I get my STOMACH permanitely altered and have to eat healthy anyway afterwards. I am happy for those who have it done and are pleased and it works for them but I'm socked that Mr. supplement man, healthy lifestyle, blah blah blah would recommend it!!! Wow.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    yep... http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/gastric-surgery-you-should-be-getting he was mad when a woman stood up and said "i got this, lost 100 pounds but gained it back" he then told her he felt bad it didn't work for her and quickly moved on

I just watched this, and I can't believe he dismissed her like that. He looked flabbergasted for a few seconds, and moved on?! It's very true that even if your stomach is altered, the behaviors ARE still there. Getting pregnant probably didn't help, but that isn't her fault if she wanted to have kids. Every person I know who has lost massive amounts of weight, either through change of lifestyle or surgery...they have had to alter their behaviors as well. Also, I've noticed that losing a ton of weight in a short span of time (like with surgery) can really affect your chemical balance. Your body is simply reacting to the loss, and while each and every person is different, I've know people (after they lost the weight) to have to either go on anti-depressants (my former roommate was put on Wellbutrin) or start seeing a shrink. Another friend of mine had the surgery (and at this point she looks TOO thin!) and quickly divorced her husband and moved to another part of the state, simply because she wanted to see who else found her attractive.

I'm no medical professional, but it makes a lot of sense to me. Your body does some really wacky things...for sure. It's up to you to modify your behaviors.

Just like the saying: "Slow and steady wins the race."