I Need Veggies

Options
mstaser
mstaser Posts: 657 Member
I hate vegetables, but I know I need them. I don't ever eat them with anything except maybe a salad once in a while. I am looking for a good way to get a mass dosage of all the veggy at once. Is it a blended shake of whatever or does it really need to be spaced out thru a day?

Replies

• 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You can put baby spinach in your protein shakes...cant even taste it. You can try all kinds of recipes with quinoa. Its not so tasty by itself, but made with other things its awesome. Just start trying new veggies...Im sure there has to be one you will love eventually.
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh, and you only need a few servings a day and it definitely does NOT have to be spaced throughout the day.
  • Batemama
    Batemama Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried grilling them? I'm pretty sure that everything tastes better grilled-asapargus, sweet potatoes, corn, green peppers, onions, mushrooms. People at my work rave about green smoothies, but I'm too chicken to try one.
  • mstaser
    mstaser Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I can do some once grilled like asparagus and onions. But I am liking the smoothie idea. Get it all over at once and quickly.
  • vidchick73
    vidchick73 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've never been a huge veggie person but I'm really enjoying sauteed squash these days. I do peel it (zucchini or yellow) and chop it up. Add in some onions, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, cover and let it steam a bit. AFter they're soft, I kick the heat up and let them brown a bit to get the sugars going and a little bit of crunch. Until this year, I can count on one hand how many times I've eaten squash.
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What about veggies don't you like? taste? mushiness? or just the fact that they're veggies?

put them in shakes, chopped them up and roll them in meat, fish, or bacon =)
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Green sooothies!! All u need is a blender, stuff it with greens and apples or any fruit!
  • Lyby
    Lyby Posts: 42
    Options
    Can't we still lump fruits and veggies into one big category? This time of year especially it's easier to eat fruit. I went to a restaurant last night and had a fruit plate with a grilled chicken breast -- cantelope, honeydew melon, grapes, watermelon, with a little strawberry thrown on for good measure. Just last week at a buffet they had sliced fresh (not canned) pears and I thought I was in heaven. Of course I ruin apple slices with caramel or peanut butter lol. If I have to eat veggies --- i.e. zuccini, squash, tomatos --- I will starve!
  • Jexebel
    Jexebel Posts: 67
    Options
    Chop em up and put them in burgers (mushrooms/peppers/onions)
    Do the same w/ any sorta pasta in the sauce. Chop really small so you can't really bite into them.
    v8 w/ vodka? lol but i'm guessing you don't like tomato juice
  • Anastasiasosa
    Anastasiasosa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been making omelettes for breakfast and adding sweet potatoes, spinach, mushrooms and salsa. I also add bacon or turkey bacon for the flavor and 2% cheese. They taste great and it kinda disguises the veggies.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I drink an 8oz glass of Hot and Spicy low sodium V8 juice every morning.
    Not sure how much nutritional value it has, but I also eat salads with
    a side of steak, and baked potato. I like veggies, just not by themselves.

Sautee some bacon, drain. Sautee some mushrooms at the same time.
    Cook spinach with cooked bacon and mushrooms (spnach cooks quick)
    then sprinkle a little fresh grated parmesan cheese when it's done. Serve
    with grilled chicken, or steak.
  • spottedlee
    spottedlee Posts: 372
    Options
    Just a thought
    v8.jpg
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Why do you need them? I don't them (or fruits for that matter), but I'm perfectly healthy.

If you insist on it, then dice them up nice and fine and slow cook them with seasoned meat and potatoes - can't even taste them that way.