What is your secret?

Options

Replies

• stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    toothbrushes freak me out! Or I should say... other peoples toothbrushes freak me out. Gum grosses me out and makes me want to gag about as bad as other peoples toothbrushes!
  • bethm1210
    bethm1210 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Falling... not afraid of heights but afraid of being up high and falling.

Same here. I can fly on a plane and look out the window and be just fine, because I know I'm not going to fall out of the plane. But put me on a ski lift with nothing to hold me in, and I'm petrified.
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    I love my kids, but some days I have a really short temper with them that most people who know me would find shocking. I have never been an "angry" person, but sometimes my kids can seriously bring out the worst in me.

Fears: typical fears heights, spiders, roaches, mice....
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I'm scared I will die alone. I want to get married one day but when I look at myself the only thing that crosses my mind is why would anyone love someone like me lol
  • IokiOcto
    IokiOcto Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Crowds & clowns or a Crowd of Clowns.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    When I go to get a haircut, teeth cleaned, pedicure, ect. I would rather not have whoever is doing it talk to me.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    If I told you it wouldn't be a secret anymore and I'd have to kill you just so it could stay a secret.

*Gives her evil eye*

I'm a freak in the sheets! Seriously, just this morning I woke up and looked around me and noticed that my side of the bed looked like a crazy person sleeps there. My husband's side of the bed is all nice and neat looking and mine looks wild.
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Clowns, scared to death of them.

I also have a fear of wild chickens or turkeys.....not sure what it is but they freak me out.
  • supergirlie00
    Options
    I absolutely hate spiders! Small big doesn't matter I hate them! I'm also afraid of drowning.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand raw cotton... You know like they put in medicine bottles, cotton balls, etc... the texture grosses me out. When you pull it apart I can hear the little fibers rubbing together...

:shudders:

HOLY **** I thought I was the only one that had this issue!!! Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!!! Yikes!
  • doin_it_in_the_gym
    Options
    I am so claustrophobic that I can't ride in a car with the windows all rolled up have to have a crack. (and God help you if you ever have to get in an elevator with me :sick: )
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't like crowds.
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Totally weird... but Im afraid of... Falling... not afraid of heights but afraid of being up high and falling.. Also SUPER grossed out and afraid of puke..vomit (whatever you want to call it)... I cant ride rides at the park because of it. I cant hear it, see it or smell it... OMG IM GROSSED OUT TALKIN BOUT IT!

I'm afraid of falling but only when I'm not strapped in or feel like I'm secure. I can ride rides and I could even sky dive which is weird but when it comes to stairs, balconies, anything like that I'm terrified! Also, I hate the sound of balloons when people rub them, I freak out!
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    For years I couldn't wash dishes because if my fingers touched together, with the soap on them, I would gag.
    My best friend would chase me with a bottle of dish soap becuase he thought it was so funny.
    (as I typed this, my mouth got watery and I feel a little sick)
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am thoroughly grossed out by taking food like chili, thick soups, whatever, out of the can. I make my DH do it.

I won't touch raw poultry . If it wasn't for my husband, we would never have a Thanksgiving turkey!

I'm the same with raw poultry...can't do it. Even with vinyl gloves on, I still can't stand it. My boyfriend or mom has to dice up chicken for me to cook for chicken taco night and put it in the pan for me to cook up. I can't stand the texture of raw ground beef, either. Or cottage cheese. Thick soups out of a can are a no-no. Can you tell yet that I'm a huge texture-phobe?! Oh, and fish scales! Just the thought of the texture of fish scales makes me feel all blahh can't explain it. Ever since having stitches in my mouth that were in a row like fish scales, and they kind of felt that way when I'd rub my tongue up them, I can't stand the texture.

I'm a texture phobe too but more when it comes to eating foods. I have far too many food issues that it would take forever to discuss haha.
  • bbatson04
    bbatson04 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    CHUCK NORRIS! i'm scared of his fist!
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    Falling... not afraid of heights but afraid of being up high and falling.

Same here. I can fly on a plane and look out the window and be just fine, because I know I'm not going to fall out of the plane. But put me on a ski lift with nothing to hold me in, and I'm petrified.

Too funny, thats exactly me!! Thought I was just odd :)
  • KTlew54
    KTlew54 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm terrified of the spaces between ladders and open stairs. I know perfectly well I won't fall through them, but still, I get a panic attack when I even think about trying to climb either. O_O

And of course spiders are the bane of my existence.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    High places and people.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm an engineer and a tomboy. I'm strong, most comfortable around men, and not afraid of much. Love snakes, spiders are cool if they aren't actually crawling on me, always thought thunderstorms were awesome even as a young child. All of that said, I CANNOT get myself to open a champagne bottle :blushing: My husband always has to pull the cork for me...