cold body temperature

Options
Hi,

Just wondering, does anyone experience extreme cold body temperature when they are dieting?

Replies

• ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    i sure do ur not alone :flowerforyou:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost?

I've lost 50+ lbs and I'm much colder this winter than last. Even inside my house with the thermostat set HIGHER than it was last year, I'm colder. I figured it's because I have less "insulation" this year. I might as well get used to it since I don't plan on adding it back!!!
  • starcrossed
    Options
    It can be common - especially if you are going longer periods of time between meals. You're stomach is kind of like a furnace and if it's not being fueled... well, you get the idea. :) Try to keep eating more frequent snacks and keep the body moving as much as you can!
    Good luck!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost?

I've lost 50+ lbs and I'm much colder this winter than last. Even inside my house with the thermostat set HIGHER than it was last year, I'm colder. I figured it's because I have less "insulation" this year. I might as well get used to it since I don't plan on adding it back!!!

I'm the exact same way! I was thinking it was all the water I drink these days though. Beats me, I just know that I'm ALWAYS cold these days, especially my hands!
  • CrystalT
    Options
    I believe that blood pressure can also change your body temp. If you blood pressure was a little high before and eating healthy has balanced it (you probably are ingesting less sodium), you might feel colder now. This is my #2 theory on why I'm so cold. I have hypertension, so I keep a check on my blood pressure and it is lower now than it was last year.

There are tons of reason that you might be colder now, so you aren't alone!!! It's normal.
  • CrystalT
    Options
    How much have you lost?

I'm the exact same way! I was thinking it was all the water I drink these days though. Beats me, I just know that I'm ALWAYS cold these days, especially my hands!

My hands and feet are the worst!! At least I can keep socks or something on my feet all day. I just HATE wearing gloves unless I have to. DH is such a furnace that he's now my personal hand warmer. He hates it, but he puts up with it. :laugh: I wash my hands a lot, too, just so they are warm for a minute or two.
  • inkprincess
    Options
    I'm always colder now too. Especially after drinking water, but at other times too.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I feel as though I am always cold now that I have lost the weight. I have always had slightly lower blood pressure before and I would figure it is kind of the same now. I figure at some point I will get used to it. Right now, it is still an adjustment even though I grew up in snow country.
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm not necessarily colder when I am dieting but I am ALWAYS colder in the evenings on days I work out. This has been the case my whole life and I have no idea why.
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    same here....i love it though! i can wear sweaters now and cuddle...i drink coffee more now too. lol we better learn to deal...cause we're not going back
  • Bebe
    Bebe Posts: 22
    Options
    Hey, thanks for everyone's reply. I have been drinking more tea lately, but one day, I felt absolutely cold to the core, my entire body. I am down to my last 20 pounds to lose and have low blood pressure, so I guess it is something I just need to get used to. Thanks, everyone!!