Core Toning

Options
Hi,

We all know the basic sit ups and squats help w/toning the core area. I'm wondering if anybody has used a workout video for abs and legs. If you have had success with one, can you please share? Also, I've heard different foods can help. Any truth to that?

Many thanks

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Tone is made via fat loss. EVERYONE has muscle. It is mostly covered in fat. So, get rid of the fat and TADA muscle is showing.
  • bberg0521
    bberg0521 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Try kick boxing or Zumba dvd's to help burn fat and tighten the core at the same time. I know with those two work outs you need to keep your belly tight.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I started CrossFit a few weeks ago and that really helped me. I think that helps is to do movements that engage your entire body.

In my opinion that will get better results then just doing a 100 crunches.

Diet is something everyone differs on for sure. I think diet is important and you will get much better results if you watch what you eat.

There are a million free workouts on youtube, I would pick a little bit of everything and make sure you challenge yourself.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Try fly fishing. I hear you need to keep your belly tight when you do it.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options

lol really?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce.

Lose fat all over with a moderate calorie deficit, heavy weight lifting and adequate protein intake.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce.

Lose fat all over with a moderate calorie deficit, heavy weight lifting and adequate protein intake.

I call shenanigans.
    I used Tae Bo to spot reduce my thigh gap.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

agreed.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce.

I call shenanigans.
    I used Tae Bo to spot reduce my thigh gap.

^ this....I know what worked for me...