Any Fitbit users out there?

Options
Any Fitbit users out there? Tell me what you like? Don't like? Worth it?

Thanks!

Replies

• ginib
    ginib Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just got mine yesterday, so I can't really answer you. There is a FitBit group you can join that has lots of good info.
  • technogal63
    Options
    I've been using mine for about a month - love it! It really helps to know exactly how many steps/miles I've taken towards my daily goal and to measure my sleep efficiency. Love the weekly, monthly reports too - let's me see my progress at a glance.
  • AshleysAwesomeness
    Options
    I have had mine for awhile now and can tell you I love it!!! To me it is totally worth the price.

I like the fact that it does the sleep anaylsis, counts my steps, floors, calories.... and I can't forget that dang little flower that I didn't think I was going to enjoy. Plus the badges on the website and the leaderboard (me, my mom and my aunt are constantly competing). It just keeps me motivated.

Most of all I love that I can sync it with MFP!
  • jessjpjb
    jessjpjb Posts: 38
    Options
    had mine since march love it!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • helen0616
    Options
    Thinking about getting one, too. BUMP for educational purposes. :bigsmile:
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I looked it up ~ is there a monthly fee, or just you buy the Fitbit and the website, etc. is free?
  • shannond1980
    shannond1980 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    had mine for awhile now, its a pretty good motivational tool
    The sleep tracking thing is gimmicky, I never use that.
    I just like trying to beat my best daily steps total

I know some friends have setup step competitions, so if you're needing some motivation or you just want an idea of calories you may be burning just by walking in a given day (approx) that you weren't aware of, its good for all of that.
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE my FITBIT!!!!!!! I can track my sleep! YAY! It tracks my steps! WOOT WOOT! AND it tracks my OVERALL Caloric burn for the WHOLE DAY! HOLY $H*T!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I KNOW I can create that 500-1000 caloric deficiency to lose the weight weekly!

Sara
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I looked it up ~ is there a monthly fee, or just you buy the Fitbit and the website, etc. is free?

You buy it and the website is free. No monthly fees. AND IT LINKS TO MFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which it will adjust your calories there too! It's cool!
  • AshleysAwesomeness
    Options

The fitbit website is free but there is an optional premium account which has a charge.... I haven't seen a need for it though if you use the fitbit with MFP
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CantarellaMiyani
    CantarellaMiyani Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've used my FitBit for a little over a month, and I love it. It gets me motivated to move more, I want to keep my flower from dying! And if you look on the website after you've climbed a few floors, it'll tell you the equivalent of what you climbed. Knowing that I just scaled Godzilla can be a lot of fun.

The site itself is... badly lacking, I'm afraid. The forums especially. But as someone else said, it syncs with MFP, and the forums here are great, so I just take what I like from the FB site, and do the rest here.
  • skinnyone2012
    skinnyone2012 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just got mine today and think I am going to love it. Its rather fun setting it up
  • ellymiss
    ellymiss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have had mine 9 months and love it! Worth the investment! Helps me track my activity level and pay attention to when I need to get my butt moving!
  • sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    There is a FitBit group you can join that has lots of good info.

THIS

There are a lot of great MFP/Fitbit users on here. I love mine and have found it very beneficial. :smile:
  • ashleighjane94
    Options
    I'm bidding for one on ebay at the moment! I'm not really sure that I need one, but they look fun. :P
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I've heard they're weak.
  • helen0616
    Options
    I did end up buying one and I really like it so far. It's helping me to keep track of everything, from my sleep efficiency (very cool to see this info in detail, I had NO idea) to my activity level. Turns out, I'm probably not giving myself enough credit for all the activity I do, and I actually earned myself an extra 750 calories on Saturday after logging a total of 12K steps. I didn't eat those calories but I was awfully proud of them!!
    For me, given my 7 year struggle with my weight, it's worth every penny if it just keeps me interested.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Bumpety bump bump...
  • Mendham07945
    Mendham07945 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is the best thing that has happened to me "transformation." I've been using it since March. Keeps me motivated to get my steps in. Monitors my sleep. I wouldn't be this far along without it. I was only getting in 3000-3500 steps per day, but now I am a consistent 10,000+ steps. Well worth the price!