C-section and P90X?

Hello MFP!!

I was wondering if anyone out there started doing P90X after the 6 week mark of having a C-Section? I will be 6 weeks next Tuesday, and I want to start up P90X immediately after I get back from my 6 week checkup. The reason I ask, is because my hubby keeps telling me that is too hard to start off wih, but I was in pretty good shape before pregnancy, and worked out during pregnancy, so I think it is fine. Just wondering if anyone else had success with P90X right away, or if I should try another workout first. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you :)

Replies

• Jazmyn28
    Jazmyn28 Posts: 37
    I have had 2 c sections and my advice would be to give yourself time to heal.. I don't think 6 weeks is long enough.. but you know your body better than anyone.. my suggestion would be to take your time and slowly build yourself up for P90X .. your lower half has to re learn some of the basic moves and if anything hurts STOP.. cause even though you look healed on the outside you are stitched in layers .. so just listen to your body :) Hope that helps..

Stay Motivated
    ~Jazmyn
  • Jazmyn28- Thank you so much for the advice, you do have a good point!!! I think I will start off with something a little lighter. The last thing I want to do is delay the healing process. Do you know of any good workout videos that would work by chance?