Your better half..

Options
13»

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    My husband (who isn't my better half, he's not half of anything, we're two people, last I checked) is currently way out of shape. However, I don't nag him about his weight as long as his health is in check. Which it currently is. Just because I want to be in shape doesn't mean I have any right to force it on him. He's a big boy with his big boy pants on. As long as he's not two steps from his death bed, it's not my right to tell him what to put in his mouth or how active he should be.

That being said, he has said multiple times that my lifestyle change and my dedication have inspired him immensely and he has lost about ten pounds just from making simple changes.

If, and when, he wants to get in shape is up to him. He has one mother. He doesn't need another. Not my job.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My wife is 5'8 128 & could eat a turkey and lose 2lbs....its not fair lol

I know, right!! few months ago he goes " Ugh my pants feel weird" he steps on the scale and had lost 13 pound.
    Im like " how can you lose 13 pounds and not even know it". I hate him sometimes:)
  • fcp1234
    Options
    My husband (who isn't my better half, he's not half of anything, we're two people, last I checked) is currently way out of shape. However, I don't nag him about his weight as long as his health is in check. Which it currently is. Just because I want to be in shape doesn't mean I have any right to force it on him. He's a big boy with his big boy pants on. As long as he's not two steps from his death bed, it's not my right to tell him what to put in his mouth or how active he should be.

That being said, he has said multiple times that my lifestyle change and my dedication have inspired him immensely and he has lost about ten pounds just from making simple changes.

If, and when, he wants to get in shape is up to him. He has one mother. He doesn't need another. Not my job.

I totally agree. Mothering somebody totally destroys a relationship ( in my opinion)
  • fcp1234
    Options
    why is the other half presumed better?

Oh mine is so much better at certain things, like eating a 10 lbs burger. Oh and putting s*** together
  • jankleberry
    Options
    My fiance is a tiny bit overweight. Every now and then he talks about joining me/going for a run/eating better but never does! When I'm having a healthy meal he will actually modify his to be unhealthy. Adding sliices and slices of bread, haggis, cheese...anything! haha He's not too overweight and had quite a demanding job so manages not to gain.
  • rukcus
    rukcus Posts: 58
    Options
    I am lucky in the sense that both of us are members of MFP we started together and we both are doing the C25K together and we both want to lose roughly the same amount of weight. I want to lose 75 she wants to lose 50. I bought two Fitbits so we are always checking out each other's numbers, We kinda compete with each other so it makes it alittle fun but we also try to keep each other on track.
  • 4aFitTina
    Options
    My husband is not really into fitness. He should be. He is diabetic and overweight. His A1c is not good. I try to tell him, but it only seems to stick in his brain for about a week. With that said, he still tries to encourage me. So that's a good thing.

We are on a co-ed softball team once a week!
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6'2 (a whole foot taller than me) and is barely 185....VERY athletic but he can eat everything in the house, still be hungry, and probably lose weight in the process -.- completely unfair!

He doesn't "work out" at all, just plays several sports regularly, but he is very supportive of me trying to work out and lose weight :) He rocks!
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My husband is not into fitness and eats whatever he wants!!
  • collinj8
    collinj8 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    MY wife is the better half. She eats a tone of fruits and veggies. We just had another kiddo a few months ago and she is getting back into the routine of things and starting to walk. However, she does not have to work at the weight loss like I do.
  • MizzTatiana
    MizzTatiana Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    When I met my husband, I was 30 lbs overweight, and he looked like a real life Ken doll... 3 years later, I lost it all and he found it. He stopped going to the gym altogether, he eats a TON of CRAP. I gotta take the Oreos he tries to sneak into the cart, like twice. I know I can't push him into the life style HE taught me, it just kinda sucks. I got fit FOR HIM. He's an awful role model.
  • Kationia02703
    Options
    My husband needs to loose weight, probably 20-30 pound all around his stomach, and complains all the time but when I suggest he go to the gym with me, or god forbid out for a walk around the park not a chance. I am hoping that once he starts seeing a difference in me that he will be convinced to go to the gym with me and start eating better. :) Here raising a glass to hoping and praying.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    My husband is over weight as well, but is deployed and doing his own thang over there. Hes doing great, has lost 10lbs, and from the pics ive seen, hes gained some muscle as well :wink:

We are both doing our best to be around as long as possible for each other. Next year, when he is back, we plan to do warrior dash together.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My husband would love to be as conscious as i am about eating and going to the gym, but his job doesn't always allow for it. He's a truck driver and it's gets hard to eat healthy on the road, but he loves all the meals I cook for him that have been healthy. He also will come to the gym with me if I ask him to. It's hard to go together, our gun doesn't have child are so it's normally on my weekday that I have off and she is in daycare.

It's been a rough time for him because he also is partially disabled, he doesn't have the use of his right arm. A nerve was severed in a surgery a few years ago, so sometimes it's difficult for him to do a lot.
  • greenbox06
    greenbox06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My wife eats healthier than I do. I am the one that has brought in all of the sweets and junk. I feel guilty because she is the heaviest that she has been. If it is there she will eat it. I have since changed my whole eating habits and now we both eat a lot healthier. I am working out quite a bit but she does minimal stuff. She won't work out with me because she says I have a basic training mindset. I would like for her to workout more because with our eating style I think she can lose more weight. She sees me working out and has started to do more.

We both have been the same throughout our whole marriage. I think it has to do with seeing what the other is doing and adapting to it. So we soon will be healthier individuals.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are both here. It started because of me. I was obese, and needed to get myself sorted out. She was overweight as well, and it was her that brought us here. I'm probably the one that spurred us to action, but she's the one who makes us accountable.

To date we have lost over 110 lbs. combined. She looks amazing! I'm almost amazing.:laugh:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't workout with me at all. He is 6 feet and 202 lbs and he loses weight really easy without doing physical activities which isn't fair!!! He is very supportive with my weight loss though :happy:
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6'1 and maybe 160 lbs. he doesn't work out. He works and runs a business on the side. So he doesn't have fitness as a priority.
    Fitness has been my number one priority since January 2011 and really kicked up in April when I started running. I'm confused because he came with the kids to see me run my first 5k. Since then, he's been pretty snarky and unsupportive.
    I signed up for two races in September. One race, our best friends are doing. It's a one mile fun run for the kids and husbands, we wives were doing the 5k. Last night he bailed on me said he didn't want to do it, nor the kids do it because of the cost. It cost less then going to the waterpark for four,$80. I think it's his ego.
    I do low carb, but still cook his favorite pastas, pizzas, etc. I've learned to handle the temptation, because I have hashimotos. I have a long term goal to be living well in my 80's. I'm already at a lower weight than when we were married. I'm in better shape than I ever have been with running.
    So, at this point I'm on my own. I can't do it for anyone else but me and to be an example to my kids.:drinker:
  • r5wr
    r5wr Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred and the next day my boyfriend asked.if is be willing to wait and workout with him when he gets home crime work. I was very nervous as I didn't want him to see me panting, sweating, and beat red but I sucked it up. He's a Freaking.g twig but decided he'd like abs again -_- but he Def. Pushes me to work harder because I want to impress him. Ironically, I'm better at the abe workouts then him :p he can also eat whatever he wants when ever. He's the reason I gained even more cause he always made me feel bad I wasn't eating chips at 1 a.m. with him. Needless to say that stopped. He heats.what he wants and I he what k want :p