do i dare say it....stretch marks?

since ive gained weight, i have had new lovely stretch marks appear, mainly on my stomach, sides, legs, and a little by the arm pit...just wondering form those who have lost the weight, do they lighten up/go away, and are there any good products or tips you guys have for reducing the noticeably of them? thanks!:heart:

Replies

• Acidique
    Acidique Posts: 119 Member
    In my experience there really isn't anything that gets rid of stretch marks. Mine did get lighter. Unfortunately, mine also got much larger as I lost weight and my skin shrank back down. Kind of like my skin could go back to normal size, and I can now see where it was stretched the most. I don't have extra skin or anything, just the marks. I don't mind them though.

I'm sure there are tricks than can reduce their appearance, but I don't think there's anything that gets rid of them completely.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    I had some small ones after my weight loss that are inside my belly button. Weird, I know. I use a blend of BioOil and Cocoa butter every night/morning, and they are pretty much done. They are now my skin color, and a few are faded so much you can't even see them.
  • hayatiggs
    hayatiggs Posts: 12 Member
    Palmer's Cocoa Butter helps to lighten them up. I haven't tried BioOil but would like to. Someone also said a scrub made with coffee grounds could help stimulate the skin to help reduce them. I haven't tried that either ;)
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    I got a bunch on my hips and thighs, knees and boobs when I hit puberty, gained 40 pounds, and grew 4 inches in the span of just a few months. I turned around and lost 50 pounds over about 6 months after that. The redness faded to a silvery sheen, although they are still there 15 years later. I don't even notice them anymore and have never gotten comments. My husband knows they're there but I'm pretty sure he doesn't care whatsoever.

The ones on my knees and boobs were small and are really not even visible anymore. I have to really look for them. The ones on my hips and thighs were bigger and I can still see them, but they blend fairly well into my skin I think.

I never tried any creams or products on them, but I've had good luck using vitamin e oil on other scars.
  • gisele246
    gisele246 Posts: 57 Member
    With each pregnancy I've used Mederma Stretch Mark cream. It's $35 about with a printable coupon from their website and I only needed one tube for my stomach. You may need more if you have more space to cover, but the stretch marks turned white both times by the end of the tube.