Whole wheat bread

Options
What is your favorite kind of whole wheat bread? I've been eating store brand wheat bread but the more I read about it the more I think other alternatives are definitely better for us. What is your favorite?

Replies

• DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much wheat bread anymore. I use to buy the Arnold's Brand and Sara Lee whatever was on sale. It is quite pricey when you are feeding a family or 5 and then drop ins.

Does this make you feel better? :)
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The ones with the multi grains and seeds. They sometimes would get stuck in my teeth. :)
  • Nicole_Altieri
    Nicole_Altieri Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Arnolds 100% Wheat bread, very good and doesn't have that yeasty taste
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Arnold is really good (it's actually the only wheat bread that I've ever been able to eat without gagging). If you can find the Double Protein kind, it's tasty and has a ton of protein in it, but they're all pretty good overall.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I like the Arnold's sandwich thins in Multi Grain or Whole Wheat...the Multi Grain has become my favorite though, even my 4.5 year old son likes them too. He calls it the circle bread lol :)
  • runningonmargaritas
    runningonmargaritas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use Food for Life 7 Sprouted Grains Bread .
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    I am also an Arnolds 100% Wheat bread fan. What a great topic! :)
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for the feedback. Looks like Arnold's would be the best for me....and my budget (or lack of).
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    There is a Roche Brothers store brand that is my favorite, but lately I've been sticking to whole wheat / flax tortillas and wraps because they're less bread and calories overall while still allowing me to eat a "sandwich".
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have been eating the Sara Lee Soft & Smooth 35% Whole Grain White Bread. I don't like seeds and such in my bread. I like it soft and smooth, just like the package says. I usually get it for $1.75- $2.00 per loaf, so it is actually the same as Wonder white bread, but about half the calories and twice the fiber.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Roundys is on sale for $1.00, so I go with that or sandwich thins!
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    I like Ezequiel and Genesis. I think is the only one of its kind I can find here.
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think your cute! sorry couldn't help myself. lol at least I know you know my sense of humor by now.
    Dana
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhh.....so you got the "cute" thing in there. I should have posted the topic as "What's your favorite CUTE whole wheat bread"? ;-)
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I use Brownberry double fiber wheat bread. I can get 2 loaves at Sam's Club for the price of what one costs in the store. Love it! It has 5 grams of fiber per slice and tastes really good!
  • CantarellaMiyani
    CantarellaMiyani Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Before I went primal, I really like breads made from ancient grains - the brand varied, but CostCo actually sells a good one.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Pepperidge Farms Carb Style. I can make a sandwich without blowing half my carbs in one meal that way. :)
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Joseph's whole-wheat flax pita bread -- that's the closest thing I come to bread these days.
  • NevrOvr
    NevrOvr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use Brownberry double fiber wheat bread. I can get 2 loaves at Sam's Club for the price of what one costs in the store. Love it! It has 5 grams of fiber per slice and tastes really good!

This is what I buy too. I highly recommend it taste-wise and price-wise! (Especially for those on high fiber diets)
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Aunt Millie's Cracked Wheat with Whole Grain