iPhone 4 Vs. Iphone 4s

Options
TylerJ76
TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
I am going to go buy a used iPhone today after work. The issue is I am not sure with to go with. The 4s is about $175 more..

Is it worth it??

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    bump
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I have the 4s. It's great if you'll use Siri, but I do find that my battery drains faster than my 4 did.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have the 4s. Siri sucks. The camera is better, but not $175 better. You'll be fine with the 4.
  • CF4L
    CF4L Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If you can hold out another month I would do it. They are announcing the iPhone 5 on September 12th at which point the 4 will be dirt cheap and the 4s will probably also be pretty cheap.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I've had both the main thing I would look at when choosing between the two is: do you wan't Siri or do you want a better battery life. From my experience the 4s battery was much worse then the 4 was.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    If you can hold out another month I would do it. They are announcing the iPhone 5 on September 12th at which point the 4 will be dirt cheap and the 4s will probably also be pretty cheap.

THIS!

ETA: The camera is the only Great thing on the 4s and its not $175 great...but wait til the 5 comes out
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    agree
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Siri has helped me out tremendously and the 4s was the sole reason for me switching to iphone. My husband, on the other hand, could care less about having Siri, so he just has the 4.

Siri works great for me when I need to locate something in the area. It's also a quick way to access the web without having to do the search engine. Siri won't run your life for you, but she can come in handy in a pinch.

but yeah, wait for the launch of 5
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I say (as others) wait for the 5. I love my 4S and Siri but that is just me and I didn't pay for mine...lol.
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Here's the techie differences.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/the-difference-between-the-iphone-4-and-iphone-4s/

If you use an HRM, then the 4s might be a better option, as you may be able to pair your device with it. Check the manufacturer and specs. Google is your friend! :o)

I've had my 4 for over 2 years now, love it. Upgrading to the new iPhone as soon as it comes out.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I went for the 4, there just wasn't enough difference in the 4s to make it worth the extra money and the 4 does everything I need it to. I wouldn't use Siri anyway.
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Do you have to travel internationally? Found out the hard way that if you have the 4 instead of the 4S, your phone will not work if you travel to Europe...
  • paulaviki
    Options
    Do you have to travel internationally? Found out the hard way that if you have the 4 instead of the 4S, your phone will not work if you travel to Europe...

That must be something to do with your network rather than the phone surely? As plenty of us in Europe have 4 and it works fine? Or am I missing something?
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Samsung Galaxy S3...best ph in the world
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options

That must be something to do with your network rather than the phone surely? As plenty of us in Europe have 4 and it works fine? Or am I missing something?

No this is the phone, it works for you in Europe b/c your phone was built for Europe but you could not bring it the States and use it... The 4s has s SIM card in it - for all carrier in the States- this is what allows it to be a world phone....
  • breezymom81
    Options
    Samsung Galaxy S3...best ph in the world

I will say I traded my 4s in for one of these 2 weeks ago and I am so very impressed!! I figured I would try it and then return it for a 4s but we changed carriers and I didnt want to get the same phone....this thing is great high quality loven it :)
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm do for an upgrade as well and I was wondering about is too.

On the regular iPhone 4 can you talk text? I have that on my LG phone now and love it. I wasn't sure if that was part of Siri or not. If not then I would go for the cheaper phone. I heard they announce the iPhone 5 in Sept and it comes out in November.

Any thoughts on the EVO phones?
  • breezymom81
    Options
    Any thoughts on the EVO phones?

Yes they are low quality pieces of ****!! I worked for Sprint and not a one of these phones is made half way right!! I had a white Evo and the white paint was coming off within in a week...I was told and I quote "what did you expect?" save your money!!
  • paulaviki
    Options

No this is the phone, it works for you in Europe b/c your phone was built for Europe but you could not bring it the States and use it... The 4s has s SIM card in it - for all carrier in the States- this is what allows it to be a world phone....

Ahh ok cool. Good job I'm not planning a trip to the USA any time soon then! :smile:
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    So you'd go with the Galaxy S3 or an iPhone? Which one do you like better? Who is your current carrier - ATT?