Nights Out

Options
Would a typical messy night out add a lot to the amount of calories i consume for that day? With the alcohol being things such as sambuca shots, wkds, wine, vodka, those type of things?

Replies

• FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    If you're asking whether alcoholic drinks contain calories, the answer is yes.
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    is it a lot of calories though? like enough to harm weight loss?
  • xshortiex
    xshortiex Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If you go over your recommended daily calories, then yes. It really depends how well you plan. You need to incorporate the alcohol/night-out calories into your eating schedule.
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    is it a lot of calories though? like enough to harm weight loss?

google it. there's lots of calories in certain alcohol.
  • lucille_heather
    Options
    okay thanks thats exactly what i wanted to know! thankyou :)
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    honeslty i love to drink i make sure i have a good breakfast and i actually do count my drink calories but i stick to light beer ... liq has a lot of sugar to break down ... happy drinking :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • lucille_heather
    Options
    haha same. over summer i go out on nights out like once every other week. but during term time at university, im out like 3 or 4 times a week sometimes! yeah il defiantly have to find the right drink calorie wise and strong enough to give me that messy night! haha :drinker:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Shots typically have 60 - 80 calories... wine can be a couple hundred per glass... roughly 7 cals / g.

There's plenty of calories in it. If you have 5 shots, two glasses of wine that's a good 600 - 700 calories right there.
  • lucille_heather
    Options
    oh god!! haha. defiantly going to have to plan my meals in advance then if im going to have a messy night out! thankyou! haha
  • tmuster
    tmuster Posts: 72
    Options
    USE MFP.. they have calorie listings for all the beverages. I always log my Jager shots
  • Robinsond61
    Options
    haha same. over summer i go out on nights out like once every other week. but during term time at university, im out like 3 or 4 times a week sometimes! yeah il defiantly have to find the right drink calorie wise and strong enough to give me that messy night! haha :drinker:

Yeah when I'm home I only see my friends so often...but when I do it's an easy 30 rack of beer per 2 people...hmm 150 calories a beer average...150*15...2250...that's well over a day for me! I just have to make sure I eat a light breakfast & be extra good the days before & after a night out with the college friends.

Also I like how you call it a 'messy' night...quite classy =P