Jillian M kicked my @$$ in 10 min :(

Options
What the heck? Please tell me I am not the only one who didn't make it through the first full session of 30 Days of Shred??? I walk 3mph at age 50 and thought I could stand that video. What was I thinking???? I had to stop 10 -15 minutes through it cuz I thought I was going to die. I don't plan to give up ..but holy crap!

Replies

• AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Yeah you need to take no more than 5 second breaks every time you can't take anymore, pace yourself, it's not easy that's for sure. I just did 22 days of the 30DS.. then I gave up and started running/walking everday because I felt I couldn't do the rest and wanted to start the 30DS when I have more ability to do so. I still weight train 2-3 times a week.. but later down the road I'll start 30DS again haha. But anyone can do it, you just need to pace yourself, and take the easy route sometimes that they offer you in the video.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    About halfway through on my first day I din't think I was going to be able to do it. I took a few short breaks (5 seconds) and kept pushing. And I finished!! I didn't think I was going to make it either. Once I pushed through the middle part it seemed to get a little easier for me.
  • KellyUK1987
    Options
    First day I stopped half way through for a quick breather. Second day I stopped about 15 mins through for a breather.

Each day you'll be able to withstand it for longer. I do 30 day shred, and I also do the jumping jacks and jump rope later on in the day, with some jogging. So I am being able to withstand it for longer.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    Yeah you need to take no more than 5 second breaks every time you can't take anymore, pace yourself, it's not easy that's for sure. I just did 22 days of the 30DS.. then I gave up and started running/walking everday because I felt I couldn't do the rest and wanted to start the 30DS when I have more ability to do so. I still weight train 2-3 times a week.. but later down the road I'll start 30DS again haha. But anyone can do it, you just need to pace yourself, and take the easy route sometimes that they offer you in the video.

Main reason I quit is because I was sick of not being able to do a sit up (in level 3 they do situps).. I can do a hundred crunches, but not 1 situp. :( So that's why I quit, like I say, once I get a little more exercise, and weight training I'll start it again.
  • hng2101
    hng2101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Maybe try upping your cardio first? I'm on day 3. I made it through day 1 level one just fine, BUT I have been running 2 miles 5 days a week and/or biking 6-15 miles 3 days a week plus weight training 2-3 times a week.

If you're walking for exercise, 30 day shred is definitely going to be a HUGE increase in intensity for you. Just stick with it!
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    It is a different type of training and you just have to work up to it. I had to take breaks when I started it as well. Pause Jillian and catch your breath for a few seconds and continue on. You will be amazed how after a couple of days you can go longer than the day before.

Keep at it!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    So I'm ok? I just try again tomorrow . I sat and watched the rest of the video to kind of see what she was going to be doing so I can maybe be a little more prepared. The 10 minutes I did do it I worked hard...my heart rate was up and I'm a ball of sweat. I think it's anything that's going to have to do with my knees is going to slow me down a bit just because I have to kind of compensate for their lack of endurance :( The jumping jacks may have to be substituted with something else or I will blow a knee out :( getting old sucks!
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    It is a different type of training and you just have to work up to it. I had to take breaks when I started it as well. Pause Jillian and catch your breath for a few seconds and continue on. You will be amazed how after a couple of days you can go longer than the day before.

Keep at it!

thank you! I should have thought about pausing her...I was too busy yelling and swearing at her.
  • Lyssa62
    Options

Main reason I quit is because I was sick of not being able to do a sit up (in level 3 they do situps).. I can do a hundred crunches, but not 1 situp. :( So that's why I quit, like I say, once I get a little more exercise, and weight training I'll start it again.

that's how I am with push ups. I can't do those to save my life. I have these petite little wrists...I almost look like a freak with them. That's a lot of weight for them to hold up.
  • AimersBee
    Options

that's how I am with push ups. I can't do those to save my life. I have these petite little wrists...I almost look like a freak with them. That's a lot of weight for them to hold up.

Haha I know how you feel, I have super delicate small wrists as well so pushups are pretty difficult, I did the "girl" pushups the whole time, there was no way I was doing a regular pushup. And even still I had a hard time at first, it got a little easier as the days went by.
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    tomorrow is my walking day so the following day ..me and jillian are gonna have another go at this :)
  • myidiotbox
    myidiotbox Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I feel like I can't keep going I stop and jog in place for 5 seconds before continuing (I feel better about myself when I'm at least moving the whole time rather than stopping completely, but that's just me). The very first time I did it I stopped several times and was so sore afterward that I needed help walking upstairs to my room, my whole body was so sore. Now I only have to stop a couple of times and my legs are still sore, but I can at least walk on my own afterward. Keep at it, pace yourself and take those five second breaks if you need to.. I promise it gets easier with time
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    What the heck? Please tell me I am not the only one who didn't make it through the first full session of 30 Days of Shred??? I walk 3mph at age 50 and thought I could stand that video. What was I thinking???? I had to stop 10 -15 minutes through it cuz I thought I was going to die. I don't plan to give up ..but holy crap!

Hi,
    Just keep at it. Go at your own pace. Take as many days as you need. I am 47 and did it. Thought I would die when I first started, but it does get easier as unbelievable as that is. Sometimes I couldn't keep up but I would just keep doing the move just slower. Thought as long as I kept moving....I lost a lot of inches...good luck.
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    When I feel like I can't keep going I stop and jog in place for 5 seconds before continuing (I feel better about myself when I'm at least moving the whole time rather than stopping completely, but that's just me). The very first time I did it I stopped several times and was so sore afterward that I needed help walking upstairs to my room, my whole body was so sore. Now I only have to stop a couple of times and my legs are still sore, but I can at least walk on my own afterward. Keep at it, pace yourself and take those five second breaks if you need to.. I promise it gets easier with time

Totally agree!