The motivation jeans.

Options
Well....I did it. I dusted off my favorite jeans that have been stored away waiting for some small miracle to happen so I can once again wear them. They are my absolute favorite jeans. My goal is to fit into them. Today, I squeezed into my "skinny" jeans.

Mind you though, I said squeezed. Defying volume and capacity ratios, somehow got them zipped and buttoned. Muffin top be damned...it was a much larger. It was a cake top. They were painted on. I almost needed pliers to unbutton them to get them off. I literally almost got stuck int my jeans. I'm not joking. I couldn't bend my knees, and I was thiiis close to calling my fiance from downstairs to help me. Finally though, I got them off.

I was mortified, yet delighted. A month ago, I wwouldn't have gotten that far. But, today, I did manage to button them--albeit juuuuuust barely. Progress is progress right?

Anyway, the point is.....I needed a pick-me-up. Ive been a good girl--watching my food and exercising, but I needed a little motivation and encouragement. The jeans gave me both. I was encouraged that I got them "on" but motivated to put the cheetos back in the cabinet.

I hung my jeans over the chair in the bedroom so I can see them everyday. Motivating me.

Replies

• jsummers76
    Options
    Congrats... I have 4 different size jeans in my closest since I have been in the past a huge yoyo dieter..
  • Slim34
    Slim34 Posts: 46
    Options
    SwEeT ... thats a major sucess that u actually fit into your jeans !!
    U rock babe .. ; )~~
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Way to GO! You are almost there.
  • rori20
    rori20 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. You have my dreaming of my skinny jeans...the ones I can't even fit over my thighs! Way to go!!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Great! Mine are in the closet and I'm hoping they're still be in style when the fit again :)
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    Progress is PROGRESS!!! Evey little bit helps! Even is it just gives you a little motivation to continue - you'll get there!:flowerforyou:
  • latinapride389
    Options
    This was by far the most hilarious and most true to me story I've read all day! Lol! I have more than one motivating pair of jeans, in fact I have a pair of motivating shorts, dress, blouse, hell even my uniform doesn't fit like I need it to. But before I REALLY realized (i.e. before denial set aside!) I was getting ready for work and was LITERALLY struggling in my closet on my very tippy toes praying and bending in every direction that I could get the button on the back of my skirt done all before my husband noticed my eternal struggle! I commend you for even squeezing your fav jeans on, progress IS progress. Let me tell you my fav shorts don't even clear the top of my knees!!! I gained 25 pounds what almost seems as instantaneously so I didn't even get to wear them but for one summer before I had to step away from them completely!
  • nrepley
    nrepley Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of those jeans!!!! Great job!!!! :)
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have SO many cute clothes in a box in my closet that I cant wear. I went from a ripped size 5 to a flabby, all fat size 12 in 2 years. I covet my skinny clothes- I want to wear my jeans and the shirt that is tight at the waist without constantly wearing a jacket or holding my arms over my rolls to hide my shameful fat.

Im ready. Here I come!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

I also have a pair of jeans that I store in my closet that I use as a gauge to see if I am getting closer to my goal. I just wore them yesterday and felt great. Not so much muffin top. Not a struggle to zip or button but I could use some more room but nonetheless...I was unable to button and zip when I started so this was good stuff!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    OMG I can't stop laughing because I am picturing the Seinfeld episode with Kramer and the tight jeans!!

I too have a pair of those jeans and won't even attempt to put them on for at least another month or two!!

Congrats on the progress!!!
  • AvianDreams
    Options
    Great job. I have a little box of clothes that I can no longer fit into. I am only a few pounds lost seeing as I just started my weight loss 5 days ago, but I definitely want to be where you are. I think I can get them up to my hips, but no zipping or buttoning. LOL.
  • alymarphi
    alymarphi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have lots of those jeans too1 i have like 5 pairs of 7 and like 5 pairs of 5s. BUt i know exactlyy what your talking about because i did the same thing the other day with the 7s except i couldnt even zip them. i was just happy to get them uover my butt ;)
  • fitfarmgirl
    Options
    That's great incentive ;) That is what I do as well ;)

Great job so far !!!
  • HeatherBurke
    Options
    My jeans do the same thing!!! I was in them, buttoned, zipped... breath held mind you and very very sucked in... then I took a breath and was almost stuck as well... It took an act of God to get them off but damn it they were on!!! Nothing I would EVER wear out anywhere or even have my boyfriend see me in but whatever... Now for them to go on fresh out of the dryer and NO cake top... VICTORY!!!!!
  • AnewDawn
    Options
    YAYAYAYAYAYAY for you!!!! I hope that gave you the boost you needed. You are changing..well, shrinking. You are making progress. It is worth it! You will be posting not far from now on how you got to wear them jeans all day.....COMFORTABLY!!! Great job dear! It gave me a motivational boost also. I think I will pull out my fav jeans and display them again! :wink:
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I do the same thing....mine are hanging over my closet door and whenever I need some motivation I put them on....or attempt to. :laugh: I am very proud to say that I am only like 2 lbs away from fitting in them!!!!!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!