5' 8 Ladies Success pics please

Options
Im only at the start of my weightloss journey and id just like to see what girls my height look at different weights! i know that body shapes etc come into the difference between weights but im just curious to see is all :)

Replies

• mfp116
    mfp116 Posts: 108
    Options
    also what are your ultimate goal weights aswell? just want to know what a realistic weight for me would be once ive lost all this weight!

my ultimate aim is a UK size 10 which i sort of assume will be 126lbs ?
    ive never been slim though so im not sure if this is wrong or right?

when answering with sizes please specify whether its a UK or US size
  • MomTo5Wow
    Options
    I don't have any skinny pictures but I am 5'8 and when I weighed 160 lbs I was in a size 6 comfortably.
  • mfp116
    Options
    I don't have any skinny pictures but I am 5'8 and when I weighed 160 lbs I was in a size 6 comfortably.

a US size 6?
    or UK?
  • pfftx
    pfftx Posts: 11
    Options
    I think you will like this then: http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • MomTo5Wow
    Options
    a US size 6
  • mfp116
    Options
    I think you will like this then: http://www.mybodygallery.com/

omg.. thank you so much for this incredible website! im actually so happy right now! hahah
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    <
    Im 5'9" thats me in white dress with my Mom. Currently 157
  • MomTo5Wow
    Options
    a US size 6

I do believe the US size 6 is a UK size 10 ..... and I was there at 160 lbs :-)
  • mfp116
    Options
    a US size 6
    really?! thats a uk size 10! i didnt think the weight would be as high as that cause a size 10 looks so tiny
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hi

What you look like in regards to particular weights will all depend on if you're working out. A more muscular body will look smaller than someone of the same weight who hasn't done much working out at all, hope that makes sense.

I'm 5ft 9" 137lbs and wear (uk) size 10, sometimes size 8.
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 140 currently wearing a US 4-6. I have pics on my profile of my progression. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • mfp116
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 140 currently wearing a US 4-6. I have pics on my profile of my progression. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
    you have such an amazing figure.. what i would do to look like you :(
  • mfp116
    Options
    Hi

What you look like in regards to particular weights will all depend on if you're working out. A more muscular body will look smaller than someone of the same weight who hasn't done much working out at all, hope that makes sense.

yeah i know :( but it would just be nice to see something or a weight range for what im aiming for is all cause ive never been slim so i really dont know what my weight range should be from what ive seen the weight im aiming for is quite low for the goal size i want though and thats giving me hope aha :) and also i do work out i dont do weights but i do running & i walk quite alot
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and right now I'm 170 lbs and wear a size 12 US. I'm guessing that every 10 lbs I lose will drop 2 sizes, and ultimately I want to be 130-140 or a size 5/6 US. I'm also more middle area (stomach) heavy, that's where I carry most of my weight. It really does depend on if you exercise and your body type.
  • llmcconnell
    Options
    Hi

yeah i know :( but it would just be nice to see something or a weight range for what im aiming for is all cause ive never been slim so i really dont know what my weight range should be from what ive seen the weight im aiming for is quite low for the goal size i want though and thats giving me hope aha :) and also i do work out i dont do weights but i do running & i walk quite alot

Why don't you strength train? Its true that muscle looks smaller than fat, so it's possible that two people could weigh the same and be the same height but if one works out and the other doesn't then most likely the one who works out will look better in clothes (and not to mention swimwear) because of the muscle definition/tone.
  • mfp116
    Options

Why don't you strength train? Its true that muscle looks smaller than fat, so it's possible that two people could weigh the same and be the same height but if one works out and the other doesn't then most likely the one who works out will look better in clothes (and not to mention swimwear) because of the muscle definition/tone.

theres no reason why i dont i just don't know what to do if im completely honest ive literally only just began this journey and ive only been losing weight doing cardio and cutting calories so far i dont fear gaining muscle or anything because im aware muscle will look different as i lose fat so gaining muscle doesnt really bother me its just knowing what to do..
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

theres no reason why i dont i just don't know what to do if im completely honest ive literally only just began this journey and ive only been losing weight doing cardio and cutting calories so far i dont fear gaining muscle or anything because im aware muscle will look different as i lose fat so gaining muscle doesnt really bother me its just knowing what to do..

You'll learn loads on here. I just came on here to lose the last of my baby weight, now I'm trying to achieve/maintain a better looking body, I've learnt quite a bit on here and it's given me great ideas on what workouts to do and found so many I really enjoy.

There's nothing wrong with what you're doing, lots of cardio to lose weight, it's exactly what I did. Then when you've within GW range maybe switch or incorporate some strength training.
  • taniaandmichael
    taniaandmichael Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 145 pounds. I wear a US size 10. Keep in mind that I'm a pear shape. I store all my weight in my hips. I lost over 10 pounds before I saw any difference in pants size (I was a US size 12). I swim about two times a week and walk/jog three to five miles a day. I hope this helps.
  • llmcconnell
    Options

I was just wondering cuz some people are super adverse to any type of strenght training. I would suggest, if you can hire one, getting a personal fitness instructor, my sister who is on MFP as well (melliamsburg if you want to add her), her husband hired a personal trainer for her and she has already lost like 15 pounds and is really toning up. If a personal trainer isn't an option, if you belong to a gym then just ask a (nice) person at the customer service desk to help you with the machines. If you don't have a gym membership, I wouldn't really suggest buying a bunch of weights unless you know someone who already has them and just asking them for help. Those are my suggestions, hope it helps!!
  • linwaggs
    linwaggs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I haven't uploaded pics yet, but my starting weight was 190 and I am currently at 161. I lost the first 15 on dieting alone, then started going to the gym 5-6 days a week and running and doing strength training. When I hit 165, I upped my calories from 1200 to 1430 to make it easier on me. I eat back my exercise calories if I am hungry, but don't if I am not. My ultimate goal is 150, but I am finally comfortable in my own skin so I am taking my time. Send me a friend request if you want, I will try to find some of my bigger pics to share as well as current pics :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!