snow shoveling !!

Options
Help! I live in Michigan and if you've ever shoveled wet, heavy snow, then you know that it is definitely a WORKOUT!! :huh: Does anyone have any recommendations about how many calories I'm burning shoveling?? Or another form of excercise I might compare it to?

Replies

• gottagetitoff
    Options
    I googled it and it told me 292 calories for 60 minutes. That's how I worked off my New Year's Eve calories...I shovelled for 2 1/2 hours!! I was sore the next day. Good luck.
  • FrTom2003
    Options
    Hi. I live in Southern Illinois and I had to shovel a whole four inches of snow today, so I smooped on the internet and learned that for a 150 pound man, shoveling snow is moderate exercise and burns calories at the rate of 408 per hour. So I kept it up for an hour. Pretty good for a 70 year old!
  • FrTom2003
    Options
    I see that "gottagetitoff" had a vastly different calorie than I did, so I guess you have to make you best estimate. I got my data at http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-burned-shoveling-snow-a170 so you might just google "Snow Shoveling" and see what you can find. Good Luck. TAD+