Dance work out videos?

Options
So on top of make healthy eating choices I've also been working out - doing lots of running and walking, along with some strength training. But i'm looking for something more interesting and fun to add to these - and i was thinking a DVD dance exercise video would be fun. Anyone out there have much success this way or have a DVD to recommend?

Replies

• TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    I'VE BEEN DANCEING FOR 2 WKS NOW,TO DANCE CENTRAL OR ZUMBA AND HAVE LOST 9 INCHES!! EVEN IF YOU DONT HAVE A DVD,OR XBOX TO PLY THE GAMES ,PUT ON SOME MUSIC AND SHAKE WHAT YO MAMA GAVE YA FOR 30 MINS!!! IT SOOOO WRKS,THINK ABOUT IT??? DONT DANCERS HAV SICK BODYS??!!! DANCE MY FRIEND!! YOU'LL LUV IT!
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ashesfromfire
    Options
    bump
  • hellsbells999
    hellsbells999 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hiya, my main exercise is videos in the comfort of my own home!! I LOVE the Ministry of Sound 'Pump it Up' workout, its dance music, which I love and it feels like fun, plus it is a really good workout, its about 75 mins if you do it all but it is in sections, warm up which is ten mins then 2 20 min cardio workout which you could just do one of if you have less time, then theres a section on toning, eg situps, puch ups etc and finally tehres a really nice cool down :-)
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love the dance workouts. I do Zumba Occasionally and I crank up the music when I am cleaning or cooking and dance my butt off! Great way to burn some extra calories. I have a couple of Dance workout DVDs and they are fun, but I couldn't name one off the top of my head for you. Sorry! WHen I get home tonight I will look.
  • trudob
    trudob Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am a dancer. And its not easy to maintain a sterotypical dancer body. In fact I dont have one! But i admit it is amazing exersise.
    I would recomend attending a community hip hop or Zumba class, i find helps to dance with people around you. Step classes are also really great and they have that dance vibe to them.
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Misty Tripoli's Delicious Dance. She's goofy, but she does a variety of moves and her "backup dancers" are all shapes and sizes. I find that even when I don't want to exercise, I can put that in and feel motivated to get up and move around.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    So on top of make healthy eating choices I've also been working out - doing lots of running and walking, along with some strength training. But i'm looking for something more interesting and fun to add to these - and i was thinking a DVD dance exercise video would be fun. Anyone out there have much success this way or have a DVD to recommend?

walmart has a set of three dvds and weights for $25 I have done the salsa dvd and its a workout lol tonight is the total body tone one....or just turn on the radio and boogy throughout the house...up and down the steps if you have them ....make it fun:)
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm an uncoordinated fool... so what dance is to me may not be dance to you (lol). But I had a ton of fun with Turbo Fire (a Beachbody program). It has really great music, the instructor is super high energy, and the move sequences were challenging but enjoyable. I looked like a flailing idiot for the first month... but enjoyed every minute of it. And by the 3 month I had lost nearly 20 lbs and 2 dress sizes :)
    Best wishes!
  • ashesfromfire
    Options
    thank you everyone for the input
  • SGRHO23
    SGRHO23 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Kendra Kemerley is great. I don't know if you can check your cable provider, but xfinity has an entire fitness section with free dance workouts you can watch.
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Kendra Kemerley is great. I don't know if you can check your cable provider, but xfinity has an entire fitness section with free dance workouts you can watch.

BUMP.. saw this on a pal's page and dancing is definitely like a free pass workout... work without seeming like work.