Eating out - UGH!

Options
Just found this site this week and started tracking my food and exercise (the little I do). I was doing good until tonight! First night eating out!!! Boy did I blow it!!! Over by 250 calories and 20 grams of fat!:sad: I guess I better plan my Breakfast and lunch better if I know I'm eating out for dinner!! But overall - I'm happy with the site - and the motivation it gives. Hoping to lose 40 lbs!

Replies

• tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    When I did Weight Watchers, there were many people/leaders who suggested allowing yourself one meal per week where you don't worry too much about it. I still try to make smarter choices, but having the freedom for one meal a week not to track makes me more sane. So, when I know I'm going out, I try to be really good for the other meals, but don't sweat it too much if one meal isn't the best. If you stay on track for your other meals and for the rest of the week, you'll be fine.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    The great thing about the internet (besides MFP) is that many popular restaurants have nutritional information online, so you can actually plan your meal ahead. I dunno about you, but I find that I do a LOT better when I plan everything out ahead of time.

Chalk up this dinner out as experience & start fresh tomorrow!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I expect to like myself more than I do now when I get to my goal weight. If I don't, I will be hugely disappointed... but I will find a way to happiness somehow!

EDIT: Oops, this post was meant for another thread. I had the wrong window open. Ugh!
  • betterhealth2010
    Options
    HI,
    Everyone is friendly, supportive and encouraging on this site so I'm glad you found it. I joined Jan 1 and have been logging my food and exercise calories and I am doing okay. I understand about the restaurant food. We are taking a co worker out to lunch for his birthday tomorrow and I am a little concerned about what to order. I don't want to blow my week and "being good". I believe I will follow your suggestion and eat a lite breakfast. Welcome to the site and good luck with your goals.
    Nora
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Nora, check to see if the restaurant you're going to has a nutrition guide. Then you can go through all their stuff and find the meal that sounds best to you (and fits into your calorie budget)
  • angelahines
    Options
    :tongue: Hello! I have just found this site and I am so excited I am wanting to lose 20lbs. If anyone has any good suggestions for quick and simple lunch ideas. I am a cosmetologists and I don't have a scheduled lunch break and I only have a microwave at work and I am at a loss of some different ideas. I done the lean cuisine thing for a while and I am tired of those.
  • InIt2WinIt
    Options
    Don't worry, just incorporate an extra 30 mins of exercise & get back on track tomorrow & you will be fine. I actually ate out tonight, well sordof, I was too lazy to cook after working out so I stopped by Long John Silver's & ordered their Freshside Grille Shrimp Scampi, the smart choice option, which was 8 pcs shrimp scampi, 3/4 c white rice, & veggies (yes I measured before I ate) and to my surprise, not so bad! They didn't put a ton of butter when cooking it seemed & when I selected it on this site it was only like 340 cal, which was awesome b/c I still have like 400 cal to go, but I'm done I don't eat after 7pm.

One day slip is fine, just as long as you get back on track & I am sure you will...keep up the good work doll & GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Eliaheart
    Eliaheart Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, when I eat out, I ask for half a portion of the actual meal in my plate, and have the rest put in a doggie bag. Two yummy meals for the price of one, and not having the actual food all in my plate makes it easier to avoid overeating. :)
  • hezmac12
    hezmac12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HOPING??? REPHRASE THAT ONE!!!
    I AM GOING TO LOSE 40lbs!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • mudgemoe
    mudgemoe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your wonderful words of support! Just what I needed tonight!! I AM going to lose 40 lbs! :smile: This is what I love about this site!
    Maureen