Any "mini goal" motivation?

Options
Getting healthy has been enough to get me back on MFP and change my diet. But little "mini goals" can't hurt! I have a beach trip coming up next month so that is making me work just a little harder. Anyone else have any mini goals that we can help each other work towards? :)

Replies

• Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My first mini goal was to get back under 200 lbs - I am so close I can taste it! (CW 201.5)
    After that, it is down to my "wedding weight" of 194!
  • hayatiggs
    hayatiggs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is so close!! I'm rooting for you :)
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in 58 days and counting; October 6, 2012 (EEEK!) I don't have a "weight goal" but I would like to loose a few inches. I just got my dress in about 2 weeks ago and it's a little tight in the mid-section- but not enough to get it taken out.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    massage, mani pedi, bikini or brazilian wax (since you are going to the beach!), new book, new dvd, $ for itunes for your workout playlist, new workout dvd, flowers, updated pic of you/family and have it framed, night out with the girls--crafting or go to movies--NOT eating :), a new nightgown (naughty or nice), new bras/panties, great pair of boots for fall/winter?, a piece of jewelry

hth

keep up with your hard work and commitment and you will reach your goals!!
  • ceppie
    ceppie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I posted my mini goals on my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ceppie/view/mini-goals-on-the-way-to-69-kg-301958

It´s a random list of little achievments on the way to my goal wight/ a fit me
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    I am actually stuck now on mini goals. Up until now I have had target weights that meant something. I have met each one of those, and now I am a bit stuck. I have 35 pounds more to go until I hit my final target weight. I am stubborn, and will continue with or without motivation, but it was nice having those little goals. The only one now is to shrink more inches to fit into a shirt I was given that was way too small.
  • brandilynn1991
    brandilynn1991 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am planning a trip to Florida in Feb to celebrate my 40th birthday so I am really trying hard to look and feel better so I can keep up with the night life of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. Looking at trying to lose 40-50 lbs by then. My Mini-goal is to just make it thru 10 lbs a month and I buy myself a new book.
  • hayatiggs
    hayatiggs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Trinity, I was going to say instead of focusing on lbs now, what about setting a goal of one pants size down?
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    My mini-goal is close enough that I'm getting impatient to get to it. I had been looking to get below 250 lbs and though I don't set a time limit to reach it, it's still a goal to achieve. I did start out at 300 so I'll get there slowly, but I will get there.
    One of the decisions that I made when I started out was that I wasn't going to do this on a "by this time or date" because it was setting myself up for failure. I'm capable of sabotaging myself very well without that.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    This is my list: http://drawn-to-scale.blogspot.com/p/mini-goals.html

I hit my first mini-goal yesterday (25 pounds lost). The next one is just a few pounds away. I want to use my Wii Fit, but the weight limit is 330 pounds. I'm 330.6, so I'm reaaaallllllyyyyy close, but I have to allow for the weight of my clothes. I figure I can probably try again when I'm 325, just to be safe.
  • the1mrsp
    the1mrsp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Getting healthy has been enough to get me back on MFP and change my diet. But little "mini goals" can't hurt! I have a beach trip coming up next month so that is making me work just a little harder. Anyone else have any mini goals that we can help each other work towards? :)

My husband's 20th High School Reunion and my 39th birthday on September 8th. YAY! Get to go to a high school reunion for my birthday (said with extreme sarcasm :grumble: ) Anyway, my goal is a 5 pound loss between now and then.
  • the1mrsp
    the1mrsp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is my list: http://drawn-to-scale.blogspot.com/p/mini-goals.html

I hit my first mini-goal yesterday (25 pounds lost). The next one is just a few pounds away. I want to use my Wii Fit, but the weight limit is 330 pounds. I'm 330.6, so I'm reaaaallllllyyyyy close, but I have to allow for the weight of my clothes. I figure I can probably try again when I'm 325, just to be safe.

Congrats on your first 25!!!! :smile:
  • ricebarbiee
    Options
    My mini motivations...When I lose 15 lbs I hope to get back into my skinny jeans. When I lose 25 lbs I'm going to see a plastic surgeon to set up an appointment...and when I lose 30 I'm going to go for my makeover to prepare me to hit my UGW =D
  • r5wr
    r5wr Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    To fit into a pair of jeans I accidently bought that are just barely to small before college starts at the end of this.month :/
  • LeggiGetsFit
    LeggiGetsFit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've been too obsessed with the number on the scale so I decided to make a goal to lose a pants size and wear a 27 rather than the 28/29 sizes I've been wearing for too long! :)
  • r5wr
    r5wr Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think pant sizes are great mini goals!!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    My mini goal for the moment is to get into a size 6. I'm a small-framed 5'5" and 140 lbs, so hopefully that's coming up soon.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    To be under 160 for the first time since my wedding 2 years ago! I'm so close...

I need to set up a little mini-reward system like staceyw37 suggested. Pedicures, a new piece of clothing (I never buy clothes...), etc for when I meet 5-lb marks or meet fitness goals. I think that would be fun. =)
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mini-goals and I've had many along the way! Sometimes just to get to the next 5lb mark, one was to look better by vacation time, my overall goal was to see serious positive changes at my annual doctor visitI I aced that doctor's visit, btw! LOL

Right now, I'm stressing out at the job (my number one eating-badly trigger), so my mini-goal is just to get through each day without giving into old eating habits!
  • SweetBee30
    Options
    My best friends wedding in October! I'm a bridesmaid and although the dresses are long, I'm super anxious about the top of my back and my arms being exposed. I don't want to feel so self conscious at her wedding. I had already lost 21lbs before joining MFP the other night, but had started getting off track. Saw someone mention this and thought I would check it out. It is EXACTLY what I needed to get me back in mode, but even better! The last two days I have enjoyed preparing meals and am looking forward to seeing the results. My first goal is to lost 20lbs by the wedding...would love to lose more and if I do then great, but being realistic. =)