Anyone tried a cleanse?

Options
I'm not talking about these stupid "gimmick" cleanses where all you do is drink lemonade for 3 weeks, I'm talking about a "healthy" cleanse. IE: the Look Better Naked 2 Day Cleanse, or Dr. Oz's 2 Day Cleanse

Does it help to lose some initial weight, or do you basically lose a couple pounds and then gain them back the minute you stop eating cucumbers, prunes and quinoa?

I guess I'm kind of looking for a jump start...wasn't sure if there was such a thing out there.

Replies

• FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    yep, just this morning. and the morning before that. feels good man
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Are you sure you aren't confusing a "cleanse" with a "satisfying trip to the bathroom"?
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cleanses really aren't necessary. The body naturally cleanses toxins. Cleanses are gimmicks. Especially if endorsed by Dr. Oz. Just drink water and eat clean. Also, you may lose some weight, but you will most likely gain it back.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Accidentally............one time I ate too many dried apricots.:laugh:

Seriously though even though I have very little respect for Dr Oz his 48 hr one looks pretty much like increasing fibre and eating wholesome foods (haven't yet figured his "don't eat after 7PM admonition& it seems a little short on protein and fats); I do think he oversells the "detox" aspect of it.

Personally I'd suggest just making healthy choices; increase your fibre intake, lots of fresh fruits and vegetable, lean proteins and your body will look after the rest. (and go ahead, eat after 7:00PM if you feel like it!)
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MrsSky11
    MrsSky11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I guess all of these reasons are why I've never tried it....they all kind of sound like BS to me, but I wanted to get the opinion of real people. Personally my body hates increased fiber, lol. Even those "Fiber One" bars mess me up. I have definitely been trying to be better about eating lean protein though! So I guess we'll see what it does for me the next few weeks :)
  • MrsSky11
    MrsSky11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Not everyone is lucky enough to be as "self cleansing" as you are, sir :wink:
  • Elphie87
    Elphie87 Posts: 40
    Options
    I've been considering something for a while but, like you, think a lot of it may be BS. For instance, no one seems to be able to define a "toxin" for me. What are we trying to "flush out" anyway? Is a toxin just a bad feeling because I can lay in the sun if I want to get rid of those.

BUT

I think juicing may actually be sort of ok for a little while to help bring some nutrients into an otherwise not-so-green diet. If you have netflix I'd recommend watching "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" on instant watch. At the very least it's an interesting documentary. But so far that is the only "cleanse" type of thing that I would go near.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'm not talking about these stupid "gimmick" cleanses where all you do is drink lemonade for 3 weeks, I'm talking about a "healthy" cleanse. IE: the Look Better Naked 2 Day Cleanse, or Dr. Oz's 2 Day Cleanse

Does it help to lose some initial weight, or do you basically lose a couple pounds and then gain them back the minute you stop eating cucumbers, prunes and quinoa?

I guess I'm kind of looking for a jump start...wasn't sure if there was such a thing out there.

They are all gimmicky too. You don't need a cleanse. They are purely marketing ploys that are designed to separate you from your cash.

And if Dr. Oz supports it or 'recommends' it, that goes double. Man, I just don't like that guy :(

:explode:
  • kkirk78
    kkirk78 Posts: 1
    Options
    I did the lemonade cleanse for 4 days (they recommend 10). I have problems with hypoglycemia and I was becoming a raging you know what...it made me too jittery and crabby. However, I did loose about 6 lbs and my stomach felt awesome. I hadn't felt that skinny in my belly in a long time. It has lasted too. I don't have that bloated-full feeling in my stomach as much. It's been prob 6 months since I did it. I would be willing to do a cleanse again because it just made me feel better. I did gain the weight back but I feel better.
  • audreygonzy
    Options
    I normally stick to the 'eat better, feel better, and let your body do the rest naturally' method but I was very naughty with my habits for a while and discovered juice detoxing. I did it for a few days and felt amazing:) It really helped me get back on track after also. When I say juice I mean from an actual juicer with whole fruits and veggies.
  • Starlight_Shine
    Options
    I know someone that did it and I hear it works great but it is best to do it when your going to be near a bathroom cause you will be going to the bathroom lots that the only thing thats stopping me from doing the cleanse.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Our bodies are pretty well designed to kick out what we don't need and use what we do. Why screw that up?
  • Bluepopsicle_25
    Bluepopsicle_25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need to buy anything if you are looking for a detox cleanse. The point is to get all of the bad things out of your body. Only eat organic fruits and vegitables, free range/wild hormone free meat, and no processed or refined foods. This will cut pesticide/herbicides, hormones, and chemical additives out of your diet. With out all of the bad stuff coming in, your body can focus on ridding itself of all of all of the toxins currently inhabiting it. Do this for at least 5 days, but you can go for as long as you want.
  • B_Running
    B_Running Posts: 158
    Options

Not everyone is lucky enough to be as "self cleansing" as you are, sir :wink:

^ Exactly :grumble:
  • SHAMLEYCHAR
    Options
    I DO A 2 QUART ENEMA CLEANSE EVERY TWO WEEKS!!!!!! IDK MAKES ME FEEL BETTER!!!!!
  • B_Running
    B_Running Posts: 158
    Options
    I've been considering something for a while but, like you, think a lot of it may be BS. For instance, no one seems to be able to define a "toxin" for me. What are we trying to "flush out" anyway? Is a toxin just a bad feeling because I can lay in the sun if I want to get rid of those.

BUT

I think juicing may actually be sort of ok for a little while to help bring some nutrients into an otherwise not-so-green diet. If you have netflix I'd recommend watching "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" on instant watch. At the very least it's an interesting documentary. But so far that is the only "cleanse" type of thing that I would go near.

I've been drinking green smoothies for a couple months (almost every day) and about a month ago I watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." Very interesting. I've never juiced, but as I mentioned, I make/drink green smoothies. Juicing and green smoothies offer an incredible bundle of nutrients. Definitely worth a try, possibly as a replacement for doing a cleanse.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Tried it. Hated it. Would not recommend it.
  • andrewlazenby
    Options
    Get some of that evil stuff the Doc makes you drink before a colonoscopy..that will clean you right out.

Cleanses are gimmicks... Your body does not hold on to poop. Your intestine simpy do not work that way.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I DO A 2 QUART ENEMA CLEANSE EVERY TWO WEEKS!!!!!! IDK MAKES ME FEEL BETTER!!!!!

Aren't you just washing away the healthy bacteria that our bodies need?