I fell off the wagon :-(

Options
Last year I join MFP and dropped 20 lbs in about 6 weeks but then I went through a major life-change. A long term-relationship had come to an end and I found with all the stress in my life that I was using food to cope. I gained the 20 lbs back plus another 10 on top of that. I also was contanstly in pain, my joints ached, I could barely go up stairs. I found it hard to sleep and get comfortable, I developed sleep apnea and IBS. I recently went to the Dr. and was diagnosed as pre-diabetic as well as having PCOS. Now, I'm a pretty short woman, 5'1" to be exact, I already weigh 260 and I refuse to live my life miserable anymore. I'm tired of being sick and fat. I have always had trouble with my weight since I hit puberty. My losest weight was about 150 and even then I felt fat. I started back on my weight loss journey 8/1/12 and I have lost 3 lbs so far. I also found a great resource: HUNGRY GIRL. I have added a playlist with all her great low-cal recipes for all of us Hungry Girls on my youtube channel. Please feel free to stop by and check out my Healthy Meal Ideas playlist. My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/missmommyof4

I'm not selling anything here but motivation. I love to eat but now I have learned how to still eat but with healthier options. My goal is to lose 100 lbs in the next year. I know it's a big goal but I'm motivated now more so then ever and I got my head in the right place this time. I'm not losing the weight for anybody else but for my own happiness and health. With me luck

Replies

• lalipoon
    lalipoon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    good luck! You know you can do it because you did it before. if you have a hard time getting exercise in try the fitbit. It has helped me increase my activity levels. Thanks for the "hungry girl" info.

25423597.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jcl62098
    jcl62098 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maria, I've been on MFP for a a few months and began my lifestyle change last May. I've learned so much along the way, but one is: that if you have a bad day, it's not the end of the world. Start fresh tomorrow. And make it count.

You sound motivated and encouraged. Wishing you the best on your goal!

Julia
  • foreversunshine1
    foreversunshine1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great to hear you have come back! Life can be hard with it's bumps in the road. It's interesting how a thing like health is about so much more than the actual eating that creates the physical issue of weight. It sounds like you are motivated to improve your overall health and well being and I think that is great, sounds like you are on the right track!

Good luck in your journey! Sent you a friend request.
  • neh310
    neh310 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it!
  • mariapeck77
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouragement and tips.
  • Meg_DeLaCruz
    Meg_DeLaCruz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Keep your head and your heart in the right direction and your feet will follow!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Good luck, You can do it!!! I'm short too (5 foot exactly) and I too LOVE food. Feels like each and every pound is obvious as it has no where to go but outward. Hang in there, if you did it once, you can do it again. Another site for low-fat, low-carb recipes is http://www.fatsmashforum.com/phase-i-recipes/ . Haven't tried very many of these, as I just started, but the 'oatmeal, chickpea pizza crust' is interesting. Different but good.
  • poshcouture
    Options
    We all trip and fall several times over during this journey. The key is to get back up, dust yourself off and try again. You're doing just that...I'll be happy to tag along with you on this crazy trip. Add me if you'd like =)
  • cheerio99654
    Options
    Sounds like you are in a good place. Get a journal. Place a fat pick on the inside cover, List all your reasons for losing weight. THat creates your why. Next envision living in your new skinny body, imagine everything,what it feels like to be in your new skinny body then write that down with as many details as possible. Now just start living your life as you were that skinny person. Wear that confidence, that will be your new life so just start living it now. Ask yourself would your future skinny self eat that? THen just start making healthier descisions. That is a lot friend me if you want more help. :bigsmile:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story ...... hope you have fun here !

My two cents ....... make best choices possible at each meal ....... and get in a bit of exercise each day ......

I like Hungry Girl, she's funny ........ I don't use sweeteners much, but like the Laughing Cow spreads ...... hubby just pops one in his mouth, while I can make a wedge last with a whole bunch of raw veggies :drinker:
  • jwhitch
    jwhitch Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I do wish you luck! You have all the tools you need, motivation & determination. I look forward to hearing about your progress.
  • JeneansaQueen
    Options
    Good luck! You can do this :-)
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    My mom says---we always have a "Right Now' --no matter the past. I like your message of moderation.
  • Khamani
    Khamani Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Maria I know we can do it....Working together and taking walks here at work would be great way to start our new life.