Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just had my FIRST protein shake ever...

AND IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! Why have I not tried these before?!?!

M4-00720-X500.gif

Sorry...I'm just having a breakthrough moment :laugh:

Replies

• Ashantie
    Ashantie Posts: 2 Member
    Are you suppose to take this drink before a workout or something?
  • ENCORRALES21
    ENCORRALES21 Posts: 21 Member
    welcome to the wonderful world of the meal replacment shake lol i swear by them
    :flowerforyou:
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    It was so good! My husband told me to try it because I don't get nearly enough protein in my diet. I would definitely not mind having one of these bad boys for breakfast everyday :-)
  • rabbit__food
    Are you suppose to take this drink before a workout or something?

The label says it is good to use pre-workout, post-workout, or any time throughout the day.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    it's just protein...
  • rabbit__food
    it's just protein...

I've heard so many horror stories though about them tasting AWFUL! I was lied to :laugh:
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    That isn't JUST protein... It's Syntha-6, the best tasting sustained release protein EVAR.

Seriously, try Mochaccino.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    it's just protein...

I've heard so many horror stories though about them tasting AWFUL! I was lied to :laugh:

some really do taste awful! You got a good brand xD
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    it's just protein...

There really ARE some awful ones. You got lucky! (or, your husband already tried the awful ones :wink: )
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    I do Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey - Milk Chocolate. Blend w/ 8oz of skim milk, tbsp of peanut butter, and a frozen banana. Nom nom nom!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    it's just protein...

Debbie downer.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    I have a protein shake every morning for breakfast. I add lots of stuff to it so it's a full meal. Then I often have another one later in the day or after a heavy workout. I certainly believe in them. I only use the isolate as the concentrate bothers my stomach. Protein is excellent in a fruit and veggie smoothie too. And, you can add it to recipes.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Really? They totally remind me of what I used to mix up for my bucket calves when I was younger.
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    I've had my fair share of nasty shakes too, but recently fell in love with Jay Rob protein shakes. Delish!
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    That isn't JUST protein... It's Syntha-6, the best tasting sustained release protein EVAR.

I beg to differ
  • rabbit__food
    Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely have to try adding some pizzazz to my plain chocolate shakes.
  • rabbit__food
    it's just protein...

some really do taste awful! You got a good brand xD

I'm glad my first experience was a good one then! :-)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    The ones I've tried are awful. I find the whey protein so horrid (it has a weird plastic taste). I used to like it, but now it's weird (makes me feel nauseous). I've tried Vega (yuck, but not as horrid as the 2 whey ones I tried). I'm just commenting here to bump this, so I can look into this one and others that have been mentioned. Protein powder is a good way to get some extra protein for me.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    it's just protein...

ITS TRUE...isopure is disgusting but it's lactose free and low in sugar. sigh. the problems that come with being lactose intolerant.
  • MisChef
    MisChef Posts: 48 Member
    the brand I got (jarrow) takes the way chocolate lip gloss smells. ..... which is good, because if it was REALLY GOOD, i'd suck those things down. I mix mine with water, ice and a 15 gr "serving" of flaxseed oil.