HRM Users

Options
My Polar HRM stopped picking up my heart rate every so often, so I ordered a new strap and the Buh Bump cream. Do you still wet the electrodes and put the cream on or just use the cream by itself? I've never used the cream before so I didn't want to mess anything up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance....Debbie

Replies

• SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of the cream and I've been using a HRM for 3 years. What model are you using? I would just wet the electrodes and if it doesn't work, I suppose use the cream. Wetting them should be enough to sustain your heart rate reading throughout the entire day if you were to wear it that long.

Also, I know some companies will replace the strap for free because they only have a two year life span. (Polar does for sure).
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have the the Polar F11. I ordered the new strap and the buh-bump cream from the Polar USA website. It says to apply the cream liberally to each electrode or directly on the skin. Just wasn't sure about wetting it too. I was having troubles with my old strap, it would continually lose my heart rate, very aggravating!

The new strap is a little different in how it straps but the electrodes look the same.
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I would use the cream only then. It will probably help read the HR longer. Make sure you tighten your strap, especially if you have lost weight. I always wear mine underneath a snug fitting sports bra. You can also get the sports bra designed for the HR monitor. I didn't really like it because the size I normally wear was very tight and the whole bra felt restrictive.