workout videos w/o a bunch of jumping around

Options
Dont get me wrong. I jump around a lot. But I live in an upstairs apartment and just cant bring myself to jumping around. I just feel too bad. I get my cardio from lots of other activities. So something that tones would suffice. Can anyone recommend some at workout vids for such special circumstances?

Replies

• taco_tap
    taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I hear virtual crickets :(
  • lizzie1030
    Options
    I would get Rodney Yee's yoga burn or Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior, or Brook Burke Tone & Tighten - no jumping, using your own body weight, they are all about an hour long and I feel like I have worked hard when I'm done. (you do use medium to light hand weights in the last one)
  • taco_tap
    Options
    Im writing those down. Thank you.
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I agree, yoga dvds would be a great option for you. Kristen McGee and Bryan Kest's are also really good.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Tiffany Rothe has some great videos on youtube. Some of them don't have any jumping at all and will kick your rear something fierce. :)
  • stfuandrun
    stfuandrun Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones. The only jumping is the jumping jacks in the warm up and that only lasts like a minute. The rest is pure strength training and it will tone you up.
  • sandiegosummer
    Options
    But I live in an upstairs apartment and just cant bring myself to jumping around. I just feel too bad.

I am in the same boat!! I live in a high rise and I can hear every move my upstairs neighbor makes so I am sure that the people below me would be annoyed at me jumping around :( I really wanted to do the 30 day Shred too but i am scared of getting noise complaints.... has anyone done the jumpy videos in an apartment building???
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walking sessions.................so much more than walking and no jumping involved!
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    I am loving zumba and really no jumping on that. Taebo is pretty awesome as well, I have brazillian but lift with no jumping. I also have a few of denise austin videos and she is great and OH Leslie Sansome walk at home dvd are amazing! Hope I helped.
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones. The only jumping is the jumping jacks in the warm up and that only lasts like a minute. The rest is pure strength training and it will tone you up.

Seconding this, you could substitute the jumping jacks for something else too if that's still too much.
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6 is a great toning workout and Hip Hop Abs is a fun dancey workout that will tone legs and abs.
  • taco_tap
    Options
    But I live in an upstairs apartment and just cant bring myself to jumping around. I just feel too bad.

I am in the same boat!! I live in a high rise and I can hear every move my upstairs neighbor makes so I am sure that the people below me would be annoyed at me jumping around :( I really wanted to do the 30 day Shred too but i am scared of getting noise complaints.... has anyone done the jumpy videos in an apartment building???

I have the 30 day shred. I loved it. But I always took it over to my friends apartment and we did it there. She is in a downstairs unit though. Then I moved into the same complex, but I got an upstairs. Last night, I thought "you know, the guy under me chose to move into a downstairs apartment. So he should have to deal with me being loud." I didn't even get to the main menu when my morals set and and I decided not to be "that neighbor." Thats why I started this thread.

I am happy I got feed back. I am writing everyone's suggestions down. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Balett Body from Leah Sarago. No choreography, no jumps, but burn a lots of calories. It's one of the best programs, I think, and it is also very different than the others.
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The Leslie Sansone ones...
  • jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Dont get me wrong. I jump around a lot. But I live in an upstairs apartment and just cant bring myself to jumping around. I just feel too bad. I get my cardio from lots of other activities. So something that tones would suffice. Can anyone recommend some at workout vids for such special circumstances?

I have exact same issue, any luck??
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walking sessions.................so much more than walking and no jumping involved!

I agree with this. Good workout without any jumping.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Most of Bob Harper's videos from the Inside Out method are low impact, or can be modified to be low impact (like doing squats instead plyo squats).
  • deverno
    deverno Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    didt read all the replys so not sure if this was mentioned or not but Metamorphosis by Tracy Anderson is AMAZING!! really, check it out. She does have what she calls her "weight routine" part of the series what has a little jumping, but personally i wasnt a big fan so I never did it. Even still its not jumping like you would think with say like Insanity or a Billy Blanks workout. More like weird ballerina moves.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

I agree with this. Good workout without any jumping.

I totally agree with this!! I just started using her Dvd's and I even ordered more this week....I love them. You do brisk walking with a few extras to get your heart rate up and keep it up...Good stuff!! :)
  • Finigan84
    Options
    bump. I have the same problem in my place.