Posted on profile but asking here as well.

Options
So when I set this profile up it told me to eat 1778 calories a day, I changed it to 1485 based on the diet plan I am on. I am 5 foot 1 and am right now 304lbs. I am wondering what others of you who are the same weight consume in a day. I find I get full off 1485 but I tend to over-eat each day almost by a few hundred calories. I also stand for 7 hours a day and I noticed when I type that into exercise it says I burn over 3000 calories for just standing that long yet I almost want to shoot myself each day eat over the 1485 and the days I have eaten 2000 I want to cry and never eat again...yet I keep doing it. Am I crazy? I feel like I am gaining the weight I have lost back. I am sure I am doing something wrong here. I also on days when I do exercise eat a portion of the calories back because after exercising I am starving. I feel like I need help here. I am on this diet with my best friend and she is making great progress......I am a picky picky eater so that does not help matters any either. Any help you can give is appreciated. Sorry in advance if I sound insane LOL.

Replies

• kristakh1
    Options
    I stalled, then stopped eating my calories back from excerise and started losing weight again.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    i would set your mfp up to reflect that you stand for 7 hours a day - so set it to lightly/moderately active not sedentary and don't log those calories.

set it to lose 2lbs a week until you only have say 50lbs to lsoe then start setting it to 1lbs to lose a week. follow what it gives you.

it;'s hard to give any other specific advice when you dont have your diary open.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I am not at your weight but I have mine set at 1521 calories. When I did my figuring 1721 was what I was given as a calorie goal but since I have a thyroid issue I read that you should take 200 calories off.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Set your activity level to reflect that you stand most the day. You should also just follow what they say to eat for calories for a while, because it seems you are eating around where they told you to anyway.
  • maggie2731
    Options
    Hi, I am also 5'1 and i started at 272 lbs. I am on 1440 cal a day and i eat as close as i can to 1500 per day, on the days i work out i still try to stay at my 1500 cal range. but right after my workout i drink a protein shake i have found at costca or sams club. it has like 30g of protein and 160 cal. it keeps me full for about 3 to 4 hours. some days i am more hi=ungry than others (especially on that T.O.M) and i eat around 1700 cal. i dont log my exercise anymore bc i dont believe it has it right. so untill i get a HRM i wont log exercise. Like i said if i'm hungry i eat. i wouldn't go over 2000 cal a day on a workout day