Howdy y'all!

hey,
My name is Chris and I am a newby to this sight. I am a 38 yo male and I would like to just say hello. I am beginning a journey that will lead to a healthier life. I am currently 293 pounds and want to loose atleast 90 of those pounds. I suffer from sleep apnea and would like to know if there are any groups geared towards men and weight loss.

Replies

• Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    WELCOME! I am sure you will find this site as wonderful and supportive as I , and many others, have! Best of luck to you! your in the right place!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Welcome!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Chris, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "recent forum topics", and "view all", then "general diet", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Hi Chris!
    Their's lots of guys on this website. Just keep your eyes open and I'm sure you'll find an amazing support here. Best of luck! Most important to your success is to do this for you!!!
    :heart:
  • Howdy to you too...I think there is men on here...go to community and that should help you...You took the first step...just don't give up:) YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • amygirlfriend
    amygirlfriend Posts: 2 Member
    I am new as well! I am very excited to have found this APP on my iTouch ipod. I am 198 lbs and want to lose 55 pounds to reach my goal weight! Good luck!
  • Welcome Chris,

Good luck on your weightloss goals. I am sure you will be successful especially with the supportive members on this site. Take one day at a time.:smile:
  • Thank you all.... The first week is almost up and I feel good about it. I think this has been the easiest start to a new program I have ever had. I think I am truely ready this time.
    Chris:smile: