Insanity?!?

Options
I see so many posts about the insanity program so I have become very interested. I have a few questions:

1. What is the cost?
2. Do you need to have any equipment like weights or stability balls on hand?
3. How many days a week is it?
4. How long are the workouts?
5. How long is the program? 1 month? 3 months?
6. How have your results been? Would you recommend it?

Thanks!

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    1. 3 monthly payments of $39.95 (+$24.95 s&h)

2. No equipment. I use a yoga mat for some moves as I'm doing it on carpet and my feet would slip.

3. 6 days a week.

4. They vary. 30-65 minutes average.

5. Month 1, then a recovery week, then month 2.

6. I'm almost done with month 1. I love it but I've heard that you see the most results in month 2. I would recommend it purely on the fact that I love how much I sweat doing it and love that I'm increasing my strength and endurance.
  • JennyNotSoSkinny
    JennyNotSoSkinny Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hope you have better luck than I did. I am a person who needs to see results or else I move on to something different. (What's the definition of Insanity again??) Anywho, I did the program for 3 weeks with awesome eating. I lost a lb the 1st week, gained it back the 2nd, and stayed the same the 3rd. I was close to 250 lbs so there's no way in hell that I should have had those numbers and I was busting my *kitten* like the Skinny Minnies on the dvd. I've lost 33 lbs since I gave up Insanity by doing other things. Good luck to you both!
  • StephJB1221
    Options
    I just finished p90x and now gettin insanity!
    It's 60 days
    No equipment
    6 days, one rest day
    You get a meal plan
    workout schedule

I have a team to help support eachother if you'd like to join! I quit p90x twice before joining my team!
  • IdRatherBeReading
    IdRatherBeReading Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    We just got it in the mail....how is it logged on here? I would love to get a FitBit but I do not see it happening anytime soon, so I don't know how to calculate the calories burned.
  • tharrington82
    tharrington82 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. When I finish my contract with my personal trainer I think I'm going to give it a shot!