Protein, fiber, low fat and low carb

Options
Hey all (Add me by the way :p)

I was just wondering about EGGS! what type of egg is best for you?? I want to start and eat boiled eggs but worried about the fat content. I need to eat more protein and I know eggs are fantastic for it but i don't want the fat. Also I can't afford those protein shakes at the moment so anythign cheap will do me also any tips on fiber, low fat and low carb? I, for some reason, have developed a fear of bread and or thick things I think will make my tummy bloat.

Thanks for any help :)

Replies

• FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    So, you're looking for...fiber-rich protein sources??
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Eggs are yummy. My favorite way to have mine are once slice bacon cut up small, onion about 1/2 ( I like them), and some fennel. Once that is all sauteed up in a bit of olive oil spray, I add in my beaten eggs with nutmeg. A bit of salt and perfect. I will stay full for hours on this. I usually use 2-3 medium eggs.

Yams and sweet potatoes are good in fiber. Split pea soup is a tasty high fiber meal too. Easy to make your own and inexpensive.
  • feathertouch
    feathertouch Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just need to know really good high fiber and high protein. Is there a lot of bad fat in eggs?
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    There's no bad fat in eggs.
  • conkle23
    conkle23 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Also instead of using the whole egg, use just the egg white. I have 5 egg whites, and a half cup of fat free cheese, and it does wonder. Get a good amount of my protein just from that.
  • robynlynn815
    robynlynn815 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Huh??? They are putting fiber in eggs and meat now? dang, why didn't someone call me??!?!?!?!? lmao
  • feathertouch
    Options
    noooooo I totally worded this all wrong >.< whoops I'm not saying that they are putting fiber into eggs :P I was just wanting to know a few good things to eat with high fiber and other things with high protein :P
  • robynlynn815
    robynlynn815 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Dark green veggies have quite a bit of fiber...spinach is my favorite ;) nuts, flax, chia seeds
    Protein: chicken, beef, fish, yogurt, cheese, nuts again (can ya tell I like nuts?) Eggs are a great source of protein as well!
  • israelichick
    Options
    eggs are good for you, eat eggs just not a ton a day, and they are high in cholesterol so just wok out and you should be fine. If you are really worried about the fat content you can eat just egg whites that is where the protein is anway but i think it tastes better to just eat a hard boiled egg with some whole wheat bread
  • sarahjuneblanke
    sarahjuneblanke Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    3 eggs max a day, egg white and feta cheese spinach omelettes are my favorite!
    the 3 egg limit is cuz of the yolk, but you can eat egg whites allll you want! smoked turkey on whole wheat is the most filling lunch i have found so far.
    i think its important to eat some sort of bread/whole wheat product in a day. I never exceed more then 2 pieces of bread a day tho. whole wheat penne pasta is really yummy too.
  • billyh336
    Options
    Hey first off what are your fitness goals the only bad thing about eggs is the yoak there is lots of cheap protien sources like cans of tuna in water cans of chicken in water and believe it or not you can get 2 pounds of amazing protien for about 15 bucks that would last you a while
  • feathertouch
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I just want to get lean, lose fat and become toned :) Think Im going to ditch the egg yolk and just eat the egg whites :) also I'm a vegetarian guys so no meats for me :p
  • conkle23
    conkle23 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Also dont buy the liquid egg whites in the carton it has too many additives in it. Use the normal eggs, and break it up :D