Advice please!

Options
Trouble areas...My upper arms and My stomach. I want to be able to sit without hiding my stomach, self consciously. If anyone have tips on whittling the waist please help! An ab routine would even be helpful. Currently I am going to the gym 3x's a week an hour each day. I usually do cardio(ellptical) or treadmil intervals for a mile. Then I work abs doing 15 cross situps, 10 leg lifts(using hang bar), 15 kickouts, and 10 standing side crunches using 30pd weights (each side). I repeat this 3times and inbetween reps I use light weights(3-4pds) to do 3 types of curls. So recently I have went up from 144 to 150, close to my starting weight of 153. I have slacked off on watching what I have been eating and have had fast food a couple of times and soda...which had cut out before. So now I'm getting back to trying to change my habits for a healthier lifestyle. I would loe to wear tank tops and not worry how my arms look and worry about how my stomach looks. Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks :)

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    All starts in the kitchen before the ab machine
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Your workout is decent enough, but if you really want to lose weight it's about controlling what you eat, not any special exercises. Accurately log your food and make sure you're in a calorie deficit. The scale should start moving the right way.
  • chynadaone
    Options
    Thanks. I have just started back doing that and am now doing 30 day shred in the place of my regular workout. So we shall see.
  • michelle506
    Options
    I have the same problem with my waist. After two kids and a large weight loss I felt like losing the muffin top was a dream. Recently, someone suggested I pay more attention to macronutrients as opposed to calories. Carbs are a big part of belly fat. So I started cutting my carbs and choosing healthier carbs and I am seeing a difference. If you Google macronutrient guidelines you can find recommended amounts of carbs, proteins, and fats according to your height and weight! Hope it helps!
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with my waist. After two kids and a large weight loss I felt like losing the muffin top was a dream. Recently, someone suggested I pay more attention to macronutrients as opposed to calories. Carbs are a big part of belly fat. So I started cutting my carbs and choosing healthier carbs and I am seeing a difference. If you Google macronutrient guidelines you can find recommended amounts of carbs, proteins, and fats according to your height and weight! Hope it helps!
    As much as I love the idea of a magic bullet for belly fat (it's pretty much where all the fat I have left is concentrated), it sounds like this was just the last place you lost weight. Most of us have an area where the body is particularly attached to the fat, and it's the last place we lose. You're just finally losing from that area. I've noticed the same thing without a macronutrient diet. Now that the fat everywhere else is gone, my body is grudgingly giving up the belly fat. If the macronutrient diet is working for you, by all means continue, but you can't spot reduce. The body will give up fat where it choses, and keep fat where it choses till it has no choice.