So, when you eat a big meal...

Options
... but stay within your calories, do you notice you are hungrier the next day?

Is that the stomach-stretching thing?...or is that a myth?

I really notice I am hungry as hell the next day after a larger-than-I-should-have dinner....

Replies

• Woodmangler
    Woodmangler Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump... would be soooo weird if I was the only one!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I have never noticed that..I just get bloated. lol
  • Lynn625
    Lynn625 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I went out for dinner Tuesday and I ate more than I should. I went over my calorie limit for the day and I was hungry all day Wednesday but stayed on target with calories. Now today I am back to normal.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Yes I absolutely notice this same thing. There was another topic about this a while ago, and no one ever really clarified if the stomach stretching thing was a myth or not. It seems like a myth, but I also can't think of another explanation!
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I feel that way when I do that. I don't know that it's my stomach stretching as much as my brain is confused thinking I need to feel overstuffed.
  • Dstrand1
    Dstrand1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Definitely...you are not the only one. Big dinner = big breakfast. Watch the carbs....they create the cravings
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    True.
    Went on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas from Miami. Ate at the usual cruise level (too much). Burned it all off exercising, but.....
    the first day back I was hungry, hungry. Once I got back to my normal calorie intake, all the pain went away.
    You are not alone.
  • wotan
    wotan Posts: 9
    Options
    I tend to agree with 1Krsitine1. I seem to feel "stuffed" even hours after a larger meal. So, I try to have several smaller meals, but that just does not work all the time. I like my dinners! I eat to live!
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes! I am definitely hungrier the next day!
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I ate a boatload of cruddy food at a wedding on monday. I was too sick Monday night and Tuesday to notice being hungry. I did notice the place served every one of the costco's finger foods. Spanakopita, Quiches, Pigs in Blankets. My poor stomach.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Oh, Im definately hungrier the next day when I eat more (quantity) the day before. Or, even if I have a large lunch..... I will be hungrier later.

Whereas, If I have small snacky meals all day, I could almost skip a meal and not notice.
  • acs4162
    acs4162 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a myth. I seem to "stretch out" my stomach during the holidays and when I am eating more 'casually' and bigger portions. I do find that the next day I am hungry and need more to feel satisfied. Also, after I have a stomach virus or something that causes me not to eat for a day or so, I seem to eat smaller portions and feel satisfied with less food.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Never had that problem.

Honestly, I think that the concept is more psychological then physiological.
  • XaviAvant
    XaviAvant Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Usually, but that's only when it's in small meals or snacks. When I do have a big meal though, I'm full for like, hours, sometimes to the point where I don't even eat breakfast the next day.
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    For me it seems to be more what I eat than how much I eat. Simple carbs. Whether it be physical or mental, they trigger a "hunger" in me that could binge for days. As long as I can resist that urge for a day or two, I'm fine...but oh how I want MORE once I have them.
  • newstar44
    newstar44 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yep, I tend to be hungrier the next day after a big meal but what's stranger to me is that I tend to get very hungry before lunch when Ihave a big breakfast. I've always felt that though.