I am here And lets GET SKINNY BY SUMMER

Hi all,

My name is sarina and i've just joined the site today. I am a very determined person and i am going to do whatever it takes to reach my goal this summer.

A little about my past, I live in chicago and i have been overweight and unhappy most of my life. I let all my youth pass me by because i was ashamed of my weight. Prom, graduation etc.. I lost out on. Then last year i had an ephihany. It was the last week of october and i realized that my life sucks. I'm 22 and have not lived and was unemployed for over a year living in a basement on food stamps. I decided to step on the scale and i weighed a whopping 230 pounds. No words can describe how angry i was at that moment that i let myself get that big and give up on my life.

Well right then and there i thought HELL NO. But i was broke, how could i work out or eat healthy with nothing. So i told my Boyfriend what i wanted to do and he had the answer. The library. He currently has a really good surburban library that had all the biggest loser workout dvd. I took all them out and then book and learned. Mike also gave me some dumbells and i have been borrowing my sisters elliptical as well. I started eating better and working out everyday like a maniac starting on the first week of november. I made it through the holidays without overeating and i now weight 191. I lost almost 40 pounds in 2 months and a week. Believe me, i am shocked about that as well because i never thought it was possible and let me tell you it hurt. My body was sore but i pushed through it like the biggest losers do on the show.

Nowadays i'm pulling back on my excises a bit because i want a more normal life than working out all day. I am currently looking for a job with no luck but gotta keep trying. I am looking for determined people like myself who want to be skinny by summer. I am very determined and i am going to fight to make it happen. I just wanted to give my introduction in the boards. I hope my story can motivate some people.

sarina

Replies

• Wow....amazing. Keep up the good work and stay motivated. Hopefully you will be fulfilled in all areas of your life including finding work. Keep pushing...it's out there for you. Glad you had that epiphany. Your life will never be the same. Don't stop!
  • LucyFordxo
    LucyFordxo Posts: 62 Member
    WOW!!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS SO FAR, THAT IS AMAZING! And something to be really, REALLY proud of!!

I'm also on a mission to be slimmed up by the summer and have about 50lbs I want to shed in total. I just joined yesterday and everyday I feel more and more motivated. I'm the same age as you and have constantly battled my weight-I want to fix it this time!

Welcome to MFP! :)

xo
  • Hi , I just joined tonight and this fitness pal sit e is pretty awesome. I am excited to get to work . Although my first day was rough i am trying to do better tomorrow. Good luck everyone and LETS GET MOTIVATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wow congrats it takes alot of dedication and courage to do what you did and are still doing. I'm still struggling with getting below the 200, which I'm very angry that I let myself get this high but you live and you learn I guess. any tips on the diet part though? cause that is the hardest part for me right now.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Congratulations on your success so far. Keep it up! :happy:
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Green Day Chick,

In My diet, i have basically given up soda all together and eat lots of fruit. I also don't eat any fried food or pasta unless it whole grain wheat and i honestly don't like it, so i barely eat it. I am also trying to give up high frutose corn syrup all together but its really tough because it is in everything. But still trying. When i feel that i am hungry and i know its not lunch time or dinner, i chew extra long lasting gum to curb my appitite and it help EXTREMELY. I eat cereal with skim milk for breakfast everyday, drink lots of water. And i make chicken alot. Grilled of course with veggies. That basically the low down on what i eat.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Btw, thank for all your kind words everyone. There so motivating and i can't wait to get start understanding the site better

sarina
  • Thanks for the food choice tips!!!