Got my fitbit today...now what???

Options
2»

Replies

• tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit!! for those confused it's like a little pedometer. Really cool device. As far as exercising, I still log it on MFP and it will sync over to Fitbit.com. I always wear my HRM cause I want exact calories burned while exercising. I do Curves and walking so I always go by what my HRM says. :o)
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone, the help has been awesome and I think most of my fitbit glitches have been ironed out.

One of the last ones is this:

I log everything through my iPhone to MFP, and I love the bar code scan feature. So, finally my fitbit exercise calories are transferring to MFP on the WEB. But NOT transferring that fitbit info to my iPhone. Is there a setting for this that I haven't learned about yet? No integration between fitbit and my iPhone.

PLEASE don't tell me I have to be on a computer whenever I want to see my fitbit activity calories burned...

Help!

Yep - you need to be by your computer for the fitbit to sync to the base station - there is an iPhone app for fitty, but it only shows what has already been synced and is designed for those who don't have MFP to log their food on the go. I have my base station plugged in at work, and then unplug it and plug it into my laptop when I get home. It's a bit of a hassle, and I don't do it every day - I usually leave it at work during the week and bring it home for the weekend. That is the only downfall I have noticed in the 3+ months I have had it. Apart from that... I LOVE IT!!

Once your Fitbit is synced on the computer and your new stats are loaded it should show up on your iPhone MFP app as soon as your app syncs with the site though. So not too terrible. Just can't sync the Fitbit through the phone yet, that would be cool though :).
  • jdmey
    jdmey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Love my FitBit! I've had it for about 6 weeks, and it motivates me to keep moving. Midday I take it off to look and see how I'm doing....steps/stairs taken/calories burned. I aim to do a little more each day, and where I could barely take the stairs twice in a day, I now do them 12 or more times.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit!! for those confused it's like a little pedometer. Really cool device. As far as exercising, I still log it on MFP and it will sync over to Fitbit.com. I always wear my HRM cause I want exact calories burned while exercising. I do Curves and walking so I always go by what my HRM says. :o)

okay, so it tacks all your "daily stuff" for you but it can't count your exercise cals, correct... so i would still put my hrm on for exercise and then put that onto mfp just like we do now? then the fitbit will re adjust itself with those cals/ am i understanding this correct?
  • noahsmommie
    noahsmommie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    return it and get a fuelband :flowerforyou:

Tell me about the FuelBand. My wonderful husband ordered me one. I should have it on Monday.