Zumba 2x in One Day?

Options
Hey

If I do Zumba 2x in one day, mainly because I legit have the time... is that too much or is it okay if I feel ok?

Replies

• airyale15
    airyale15 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Your body knows best :)
    If you can do it twice with proper form as to avoid any injury than I would definitely do it!
  • blondiEyyc
    blondiEyyc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Okay! LOL
    My friends think I am crazy, but I find it fun!
    I have the time, and I used to be a dancer.
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    I often workout twice in one day even if I don't have the time. I think it's normal, but just make sure it's not making you extra hungry! :)
  • blondiEyyc
    Options
    I have been sticking to 1200 calories a day and not feeling hungry. I've increased my water.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    There are some days that I teach two classes in one day and on Wednesday, I teach three classes in one day. If your body can do it, have fun with it.
  • blondiEyyc
    Options
    Thanks I was wondering how many classes teachers would teach in a day! I just love it... but I have all of September off and so I was thinking of doing Zumba daily a long with some step classes or arms!
  • julk_1212
    julk_1212 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I go to about 4 a week, once a day. Personally that's all I need. However many of the gals in my zumba stay in from the prior class and go back to back. Also I see many of them hop from step to Zumba to mix it up. Step is really good too. I do it here and there for my short legs it's harsh, but burns like 500 cals for me. Mix it up maybe, the different classes may optimize results. Whatever your body feels good with is great!
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    I LUV ZUMBA!!!! DANCE YUR HEART OUT!
  • blondiEyyc
    Options
    Ok next question people. I made it twice today and danced my heart out @ameedancey hahah it was pure enjoyment.

But
    I am eatin 1200 calories and I am gaining weight... WTH?
  • Airgetshealthy
    Airgetshealthy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I've done it twice in one day or sometimes for 2 hours straight! If your body is showing you signs of exhaustion I wouldn't recommend it but otherwise I don't see why you can't do it twice! Drink plenty of water! (: Enjoy!
  • Airgetshealthy
    Options
    I think 1200 calories is the very minimum you should eat, I'd try eating 100-400 more calories and you may see a difference. Sometimes your body can go into "starvation" mode and turn anything you consume into fat stores.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I think 1200 calories is the very minimum you should eat, I'd try eating 100-400 more calories and you may see a difference. Sometimes your body can go into "starvation" mode and turn anything you consume into fat stores.

Uggg this is soooo not true. Starvation mode if it does exist will not even think to come into play until your body fat is below 6%.....don't get worried about that silly term, that is thrown around on this site way to often.

And enjoy your Zumba time. I love it also
  • foreversunshine1
    foreversunshine1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! I know this sounds nuts, but you need to eat the exercise calories back... your body cannot handle the output of energy with only 1200 calories... especially a zumba class twice a day! Your body will start eating muscle to keep you going. If you exercise, you get to eat more to compensate. Food is fuel for your body!
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    Not sure why your gaining weight, but if your just starting out on this journey then it could be just water weight and it will level out soon. Try not to panic over the scale.
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    Your body will NOT start eating your muscle if you don't have enough food. It will only do that when you don't have any body fat left to use.
  • blondiEyyc
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips and I will up my intake. Also I am just getting back into the program so you are likely right about it being water weight.

Thanks guys!!!!
  • Airgetshealthy
    Options

Uggg this is soooo not true. Starvation mode if it does exist will not even think to come into play until your body fat is below 6%.....don't get worried about that silly term, that is thrown around on this site way to often.

And enjoy your Zumba time. I love it also

I said "Sometimes" as in, not the case for everyone. I personally don't lose weight when I am eating below 1400 calories a day, everyone is different (: I would suggest seeing a nutritionist or professional for the best advice.
  • ErinGibbons
    Options
    I used to zumba 6 times a week for a while, along with other work out classes. I saw some definite results! So much fun!