high impact sports bra for larger women

Options
KLo924
KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
Hi all,

I've been jogging/walking for the last several months with old sports bras that don't fit right and have decided to splurge on a couple properly-fitting ones, with some long distances coming up. Any ideas? I've been looking at moving comfort's Fiona but am curious if anyone has any feedback on this or others.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!
- kristin :drinker:

Replies

• KLo924
    Options
    Anyone? There must be some big boobs out there lol
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Berlie have been the most supportive for me. The most important thing is to have cup on the top of your boob to limit the bounce. I know they did up to an E cup, not sure how much more.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Instead of twins I feel like I've got triplets. The only one that has ever worked for me is Enell. They are expensive, but do they hold in the triplets. LOL!!! I heard about them a few years ago. Oprah wears them. Not the reason I bought them, but the way I heard about them. They hold those suckers in good. Good luck!!!!
  • doinit78
    doinit78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use a brand called Elomi.... Its very expensive and supports well (a lot of extra fabrick on top to keep the girls in). I'm bummed though because I've been losing and now its too big.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm not big, but the ladies are.
    I prefer this one:
    http://www.movingcomfort.com/Rebound-Racer/350037,default,pd.html

I get it on amazon.
    Best bra for running that I've found.

Best exercise bra that I've used. And I've been wearing them for 25 years or more.
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Doinit78: Don't be bummed, that's awesome! And a great excuse to go shopping again :)
  • cgafriday
    cgafriday Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm loving Moving Comfort's Maia bra. I don't run but I do alot on ellipticals and strength training and I don't worry about the girls anymore. They definitely stay put! :happy:
  • jndijohnson
    Options
    I have no suggestions, but I will be watching with interest. I am a DD+, and need something better for when I am on the elliptical. I am sure it looks ridiculous right now, but I do not care!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this!!! i neeeeeeed one too!!!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    i just purchased the Moving Comfort Juno bra and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! lol seriously though it is the best sports bra ever. My ladies stay put and dont bounce anymore. I do Insanity and almost cry on days when I have forgotten to throw it in the wash. I found it on Amazon in my size 34DD for $35.00.
  • KTlew54
    KTlew54 Posts: 23
    Options
    The Maia bra by Moving Comfort has been working SPECTACULARLY for me. I'm a full C (pushing a D, depending on the time of month if you know what I mean) and I used to absolutely hate jogging because of the lack of support every bra provided.

I tried this one on a whim (it was teal colored) and omg I'll never wear anything else. It HOLDS YOU IN, I can jump straight up and down for a good 15 minutes and feel nothing. I've started a couch to 5k program and it's actually fun now thanks to the Maia bra.

They're a bit pricey, but all the good sports bras are. :( I think I got mine for about $45 at one of the big sports stores in the mall - ****s? I would suggest looking into it.
  • BeaterEater
    Options
    I am a 32F and I wear a Panache Sport. Love it.
  • papate
    papate Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info ladies. When I'm on the elliptical, I take the chance of a black eye or worse. I've not been able to find a good support for these MJs. I will check it out. Would be nice not to have the shirt a shaking and jiggling during my workout walks in downtown.
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would really like to start running, but the thought of them bouncing every which way and potentially knocking out a tooth was unappealing. Will be bookmarking those links for sure.
  • unkeptwalnut83
    unkeptwalnut83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    40DDD here and I also recommend the Juno. I have the Fiona as well which is good, but I am in love with the Juno. Most supportive bra I've ever worn and it's comfortable and flattering too.

As far as where to buy them, if you can't find anywhere local, Title 9 has a great support staff, easy shipping and returns and an incredible selection.
  • KTlew54
    KTlew54 Posts: 23
    Options
    Basically, you can't go wrong with running bras from Moving Comfort. ;)
  • Net132
    Net132 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Title 9. It is the only one I found that held them in place. I don't run, but do a lot if jumping.God Luck
  • nihummel
    nihummel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Enell is totally the way to go! It keeps 'em in tight while running!
  • KLo924
    Options
    Wow - thanks all! I'm so excited to try one or two of these and not battle my boobs taking over my jog (or smooshing them with the wrong size bra). Woohoo!
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    there are few great bra's on the market for large busted and larger women. Try barenecessities.com website. you will find a wide range of sports bra's that will suite your needs. my favorites are Freya and pure lime great fit and support.