I've tried everything! Why can't I lose weight?!

Options
najv
najv Posts: 4 Member
Hi! I've tried 3 different weight loss products at Complete Nutrition.
My husband lost 35lbs!
I've tried counting calories, low carbs, Jenny Craig...
Yes, all with as much exercise as a mother of
2 toddlers can manage.
I'm now using MFP and the Dolce diet/ recipes.

Any suggestions or tips that have worked for
you would be great!

Replies

• channyne
    channyne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Track your food... every BLT (bite, lick and taste).

:)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    The best 'weight loss product' is natural, whole, nutrient-rich, filling food (meat, fish, eggs, veggies, some fruit, dairy if you tolerate it well).

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if you are eating a lot of grains (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, etc), legumes and sugar (either in processed food or added) then you are not going to make the best progress that you can.

I know you say that you have done low-carb before so maybe this is not your key. Maybe your carbs were not low enough (everyone is different)?

Now, there will be numerous people who will doubtless comment that 'As long as you maintain a calorie deficit you will lose weight' and 'You should not exclude whole groups of food, everything in moderation'. You can choose to believe these people or not.

For some trying to drop fat on a 'balanced diet' just isn't going to work, I tried it, I consume more calories these days and with better progress. I started MFP on a completely different plan to the one I am on now (low fat, watch the calories, etc), I can see the difference. We all respond differently so it's a case of experimenting and tracking.

If this doesn't work then you may have an underlying medical issue. Or you may be under stress (toddlers!), which can stall weight loss. Or you may not be getting enough sleep, which can do the same (understandable with toddlers, been there, done that).

Good luck and, yeh, track it all.

It's easy to have a 'little' of the kids leftovers or a spoonful of ice cream and not bother tracking, been there done that and it adds up :)
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Track your food... every BLT (bite, lick and taste).

:)

^ This
  • FalseWall
    FalseWall Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you can track your food, but the problem I see is, are you really getting what the body needs, based off your protein, carbs, and fats??? Sometimes I see people trying to reach there calorie goal, but not getting any results for months. Figure out your body type. It should be either: Endomorph, Mesomorph, or Ectomorph. You might need to change up. Read up on those, that might steer you towards the right direction. MyfitnessPal on my account is custom to the point that works for me, not the default they suggest.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    When you tried "counting calories" how high did you use to count up to; how long did you continue to count them and what types of food did you count?

The MPF system employs making healthy food choices and counting calories while you attempt to stay within a range where you can expect to lose weight AND to continue doing that till you are satisfied you can maintain your desired healthy weight (which for some of us may be for the rest of our lives).

Join us and give the MPF "counting calories" healthy lifestyle system a fighting chance--but, mind you, it's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • najv
    najv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I think you're absolutely right on all counts!
    Toddlers, stress, lack of sleep! And, moreso
    is the type of carb AND not eating enough!
    That's how I lost weight with JC was when I
    realized that I wasn't eating enough and what
    I was eating was stalling weight loss.
    So, my husband and I recently began to read
    about the Dolce Diet. I haven't gotten on the
    scale but I already feel better.
    His recipes are easy, fulfilling and taste amazing.
    Cross your fingers and thanks for your advice!