MoM's With children under 1yrs old

Options
2»

Replies

• Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    This is why I love the 30 Day Shred. It's such a quick workout that you can squeeze it in before the kids wake up in the morning, while they're napping, or when they go to bed. And *it* energizes you to wear you won't feel the need to nap yourself any longer.

And if you're a SAHM I'd supplement the 30DS with lots of walks w/ baby. Especially at this time of year.

It's one of those things that seems impossible until you start doing it. Then you realize "oh yeah, I can totally do this." Good luck. :)

This is what I do! I have 4month old twins who are on opposite schedules, but once they both go down for a nap I do the 30DS. I'm home with them all day while daddy works and I don't have friends and family to help either. So far tho the 30DS is paying off :)

I had the 30Day shred but I left it at my moms and she doesn't live near me so I do other workout videos when shes down for a nap IF i'm not exhausted. Sometimes I have to push myself to stay awake for a workout and when I do that I find myself even more tired and moody so thats why when I'm that exhausted I just lay down when she goes down for a nap.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My kids are now 8 and 3, but I remember what you are describing. When your so tired all the time its hard to keep a routine especially when your life revolves around a baby.
    I have a couple suggestions: When your BF/Fiance/DH gets home, give him half an hour to pee, change clothes and settle. Then give him the baby and take 45 minutes to exercise. Get on your treadmill or pop in a workout DVD ***IN A DIFFERENT ROOM*** or go running or WHATEVER. If your expected to be cooking dinner during this time, start using a crock pot that you can set in the morning.
    Or try breaking down your workout into small strength training sprints when the baby is in the bassinet or swing or exersaucer. Do push ups, crunches, squats, leg lifts, etc. You can do ALOT in 30 minutes.

Thanks for the advice...only problem I have is that my BF doesn't get home till 2am or after so thats kinda of hard and there's more with that issue that I don't want to blast in open air. I try my best to do what I can. The walking is kind of hard this summer with it being so HOTT outside.

I live in Phoenix... it was 111 yesterday with 30% humidity... I went walking with my 9 month old for 45 min. Was I dripping sweat everywhere... yep. 40 years ago no one had air-conditioning and they survived so I am pretty sure you and I can ;) Just go for it... its the only way you will win is to do it no matter what. Is it hard, YES, but if you are too tired or its to hot, or whatever you will never get to where you want to be. YOU CAN DO THIS! Sounds to me you might be more emotionally tired perhaps then physically?? Maybe I am wrong but if you want this then no excuses. Every day you will do this and then you will look back and realize you were stronger then you were allowing yourself to be both mentally, emotionally, and physically.
  • athenagv
    athenagv Posts: 63
    Options
    My kids are now 8 and 3, but I remember what you are describing. When your so tired all the time its hard to keep a routine especially when your life revolves around a baby.
    I have a couple suggestions: When your BF/Fiance/DH gets home, give him half an hour to pee, change clothes and settle. Then give him the baby and take 45 minutes to exercise. Get on your treadmill or pop in a workout DVD ***IN A DIFFERENT ROOM*** or go running or WHATEVER. If your expected to be cooking dinner during this time, start using a crock pot that you can set in the morning.
    Or try breaking down your workout into small strength training sprints when the baby is in the bassinet or swing or exersaucer. Do push ups, crunches, squats, leg lifts, etc. You can do ALOT in 30 minutes.

Thanks for the advice...only problem I have is that my BF doesn't get home till 2am or after so thats kinda of hard and there's more with that issue that I don't want to blast in open air. I try my best to do what I can. The walking is kind of hard this summer with it being so HOTT outside.

I live in Phoenix... it was 111 yesterday with 30% humidity... I went walking with my 9 month old for 45 min. Was I dripping sweat everywhere... yep. 40 years ago no one had air-conditioning and they survived so I am pretty sure you and I can ;) Just go for it... its the only way you will win is to do it no matter what. Is it hard, YES, but if you are too tired or its to hot, or whatever you will never get to where you want to be. YOU CAN DO THIS! Sounds to me you might be more emotionally tired perhaps then physically?? Maybe I am wrong but if you want this then no excuses. Every day you will do this and then you will look back and realize you were stronger then you were allowing yourself to be both mentally, emotionally, and physically.

Alexis said it perfect!!! As i read the posts and responses....i couldnt help but notice the same thing! Girl....if u want it bad enough....then u wont have Any excuses. You'll find a way to get it done!! Like i said before....anything is better than nothing...but dont make any excuses for why u cant. find an excuse for why u CAN!!!
  • Bobbie_89
    Options

Alexis said it perfect!!! As i read the posts and responses....i couldnt help but notice the same thing! Girl....if u want it bad enough....then u wont have Any excuses. You'll find a way to get it done!! Like i said before....anything is better than nothing...but dont make any excuses for why u cant. find an excuse for why u CAN!!!

I'm not making excusses theres ALOT more thats involed I'm just not going to blast my whole problems on here where everyone can read. I'm just simplying ASKING what other moms do for exercise with their kids. Don't mean to come off the wrong way, its just that some on here tend to down others from what I've read on others. I know I can do this, I've done lost 26lbs in 2 and half months, thats pretty damn good to me. YES Im emotionally tired cause I have to deal with certain things in my life and YES I'm physically tired cuz I have NO help at home. I find ways to exercise, I just listen to my body when I need to slow down and take care of ME instead of worrying about exercising so much! If it takes me another year to lose the last 44lbs then so be it. At least I did it. Once again sorry if this is a mean reply, just saying what I feel.
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    My kids and 3 and 1. We are military when we moved to japan my daughter now 3 y/o was only 4 months. I had NO family and NO friends here to help me. Hell is only 1 degree hotter than japan and it is almost hot all year around. My husband is ALWAYS gone working all day or being deployed somewhere for months at a time. I had to decided that I was going to make a way to workout! When it was just me and my daughter I got a jogging stroller and we went on walks at yes 4 in the MORNING! I ordered a stroller clip on fan from amazon one for her and one for me and kept pushing. Then I had my son and upgraded to a really nice double jogging stroller and bought 3 new stroller clip on fans from amazon and when my son was about 2 months we started walking again again 4 in the morning. I would have to stop and feed him, I was tired from no sleep and I was alone b/c 2 days after I had my son my husband was deployed for 8 months. But YOU have to find that something in you to make you want to do it. It sucked a lot not to have help and I never was in to the daycares at the gym or dropping my kids off at a sitter. Now with my kids bigger it is still hard. I get up early to clean the house and get things planned and going for the day so when they do take a nap I have time to do zumba on my wii and not worry about cleaning the house b/c it's already done. now I am on a crockpot fix so I get up around 4:30 clean the house get their meals planned for the day and around 6 I put dinner in the crock pot so that something I don't have to worry about getting done and just keep the house straightened up throughout the day. Look the bottom line is it does seem like you are making excusses, NOT trying to be mean but it is just the way it sounds. I am sure their is time in the day to do something. Like even hooking you computer up to the computer and during quick youtube workouts. You can look online and find tons of information on quick in home workouts you can do. I know how it is and feels to not have anyway help b/c I live hundreds of miles away from family and only a 2-3 friends here now but that doesn't mean you can't do it, it just makes it harder.
  • Bobbie_89
    Options
    Hmmm...ok, I'mma do what I've been doing....workout when I can...SO that it....weather its only 2 days a week or not. I can exercise CAN...I just burned almost 800 calories while my daughter was napping...she doent nap all the time espically right now when shes teetthing. I know I can do this...If I couldn't do this I wouldn't even be on here trying. Once again I was just ASKING what you moms do for exercise with a baby. YES I've replied back with some things that its to hot and my BF works alot. I'm just adding in additional INFO so others will see it and not have to ask. So thats it. I'm not going back to ths and reading anymore. I know what I need to do andthats that. What works for you guys MIGHT not work for ME!
  • santanna935
    santanna935 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I'm not making excusses theres ALOT more thats involed I'm just not going to blast my whole problems on here where everyone can read. I'm just simplying ASKING what other moms do for exercise with their kids. Don't mean to come off the wrong way, its just that some on here tend to down others from what I've read on others. I know I can do this, I've done lost 26lbs in 2 and half months, thats pretty damn good to me. YES Im emotionally tired cause I have to deal with certain things in my life and YES I'm physically tired cuz I have NO help at home. I find ways to exercise, I just listen to my body when I need to slow down and take care of ME instead of worrying about exercising so much! If it takes me another year to lose the last 44lbs then so be it. At least I did it. Once again sorry if this is a mean reply, just saying what I feel.

Do what's right and feels right for you. We each have what we are capable of and there is no shame to that. 26 lbs lost is awesome, kudos to you! Do you have Netflix? If so I know they have a YouTube app on there with short workouts if that helps. I wish you the best of luck!
  • athenagv
    athenagv Posts: 63
    Options

I hear you! Your personal problems are no-one elses business. and im sorry if i came off the wrong way in reply to you. i understand the emotional and physical battle of trying to take care of a little one by yourself and then dealing w/ relationship or family issues at the same time! We all have issues and problems! but what i was trying to say, is that reading the advice some of us are giving you and then reading your reply....it does sound like each time..there is a reason for you to not be able to do it. thats all im saying. your weight loss so far is wonderful!! excellent job on that. and yeah...if it takes a year to lose the rest ..thats great too! at least you did it!! all im saying....is dont look for reason to Not be able to do something...look for reason To Do something. just do whatever works for you and your daughter! if u cant get out the house....then stay in and workout while shes still sleeping in the morning. if u dont have dvd's...just follow the mini challenges on here...something...anything! just keep at it and be creative!