Im eating out tonight - how do I record the value of the foo

Options
kateyb
kateyb Posts: 138 Member
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to all this, just started this week. I've been really good this week and have lost just under 6lbs already but I have a date tonight and we're going to an Indian restaurant for a meal. I'm planning to be as good as possible but can't seem to find any details in the food log of the nutritional values of any of the foods I would contemplate ordering. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I could find these and log them???

Also if anyone has any tips on the best options to have - obviously steer clear of cream based sauces and lots of rice. I was thinking of going for a Chicken or Prawn Bhuna with steamed rice.

Replies

• Elizzi
    Elizzi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had that problem last night. I just recorded when I came home but tried to make good choices in the restaurant. It was hard, but stick with steamed meat & veggies.
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    You might be able to google it. Type something like "chicken & whatever nutritional values." If I can't find the facts on the container or on this site, I google them.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My old bf used to find the restaurant on line and look up the calories etc before he ate. No app., drinks or only one , dessert depends on if you exercised.
  • kateyb
    Options
    I have tried googling - my worry is that all the sites seem to vary so much I don't know who's word to take!
  • kellygirl5538
    Options
    try to find the specific restaurant, sometimes they log nut. value on them.
  • kellygirl5538
    Options
    or just don't record a meal..........no biggy.
  • kateyb
    Options
    Cheers guys, I'd rather log it if I can, seeing it all in black and white makes it real somehow!!!
  • cincalhoun
    Options
    chicken/prawns are a good choice (obviously if cooked right) but skip the rice and go for lots of steamed veggies. You will get so much more bang for your calories intake and it will definitely fill you up more.
  • cincalhoun
    Options
    A cup of rice is more than 2x the calories of a cup of veggies.
  • kaos127
    kaos127 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Indian food has some great vegetarian options--try some of the chickpea dishes with some rice.